meta data

11 years 3 weeks ago #224407 by wjgadmin
meta data was created by wjgadmin
is there any way to add metadata for each subscription plan.
page title = plan alias
meta description
meta keywords

can this be done? i have had the hardest time with meta data for my subscription pages. i have even used a plugin to alter the meta data from the front end & randomly it will change back to the global joomla config data with the title of Subscription Plan, or Registration....
this hurts in seo! is there a way to do the above so we can do seo for each plan as you can do for any article or other page?
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 weeks ago #224409 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic meta data
CBSubs has no such feature, but it would be possible with CB Auto Actions as latest release has CBSubs triggers in its dropdown. You could use a Code action with Method set to Header and supply custom header tags.

The alternative is to create subscription pages using Joomla articles and use Joomla articles built in meta features. Another alternative is a meta data extension that lets you add meta to any Joomla URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 weeks ago #224410 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic meta data
looking for auto actions now. would this require any coding? or is this an option built in?
if i had to use the articles option, how would i add the actual subscription plan to that page also? meaning i need the CB registration there so they can sign up so how would i add the article & the subscription registration to that page?
thanks

11 years 3 weeks ago #224467 by krileon
CB Auto Actions is a Professional subscription plugin.

if i had to use the articles option, how would i add the actual subscription plan to that page also? meaning i need the CB registration there so they can sign up so how would i add the article & the subscription registration to that page?

Ideally you'd provide a link to the article that describes the subscription then provide a link directly to the plan URL in that article for them to purchase. This allows you to have metadata regarding the subscription and for SEO bots to pick it up.

You may want to look into a meta data extensions though as there maybe free solutions available that can do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 weeks ago #224487 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic meta data
thank you for the help. first let me say that i am happy to pay for the auto actions/ professional membership if it will do what i need no problem!
i just want to be sure that it will in fact do what i need:)
so let me give the example of what i need done:
on the component url pages of each subscription plan such as:
index.php/component/comprofiler/pluginclass?plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1&Itemid=211
can auto actions change the url to mydomain.com/plannameorwhateverhere and also be able to alter the meta data for that page including url, title, meta keywords, & meta data?
if so sign me up:)
thanks

11 years 3 weeks ago #224589 by krileon

can auto actions change the url to mydomain.com/plannameorwhateverhere and also be able to alter the meta data for that page including url, title, meta keywords, & meta data?

Change the URL, no. Add the meta data, yes. For example the below would add custom header information for that plan.

Type: Code
Triggers: onCPayBeforeDrawPlan
Access: Everybody
Method: Header
Conditional: [var1_id] Equal To 1
Code:
<meta content="TEST" name="description">

To change the URL you'll need to add custom rewriting rules to your htaccess file or use a SEF extension to custom rewrite it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds