a way to associate users using a field?

10 years 11 months ago #226208 by camppos
Can I do this using CBsubs and Community Builder?

Is there any way to associate users using a field.

Lets say I create a field to input a number from a different site for instance:
9999 is my number - I am a leader and under me there are 5 - 10 user
and start inviting people

When user start register and imputing my number I should get credit for it.

Lest say one of the game leader have not register yet but his users or group has started registered and inputting his number. Once the leader register the system should see that some of their people has registered and get credit for it.

If this is possible can I see which users have register (view name)?

Regards,

Jesus C.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #226341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic a way to associate users using a field?
Sounds like a basic affiliation system. I've no idea what you mean by give credit though; Points? Money? CB Invites will allow your users to send an invite to an email address and when the invite is accepted the user that sent the invite will see this on their profile. You could even have them become connected using CB Connections automatically when the invite is accepted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #226345 by camppos
Replied by camppos on topic a way to associate users using a field?
I just need the leader to see who he/she has registered (see their names or number)
If I do, what you mention about connect them using CB connections, is it possible to see those connections on the back-end or front-end by the administrator?

How can I make cb connections to connect automatically when they accept the invite?

One of the challenge I have is for the system to connect automatically (as you said) whether the leader is register or not. It does not make sense if leader is not register yet but when he does is there a way to do it??

maybe by using a username? Member could type username leader and when this username had register it could automatically connect to their team.

Thank you Krileon for all help provided.

Jesus

10 years 11 months ago #226350 by krileon

is it possible to see those connections on the back-end or front-end by the administrator?

No, connections is frontend only.

How can I make cb connections to connect automatically when they accept the invite?

CB > Plugin Management > CB Invites > Config > Invites > General > "Connection".

One of the challenge I have is for the system to connect automatically (as you said) whether the leader is register or not. It does not make sense if leader is not register yet but when he does is there a way to do it??

I don't understand. I thought the whole point was for the leader to invite others to join the site. That's exactly what CB Invites can do and even connect them together if CB Connections is used. No someone that isn't even on the site can't invite someone to join the site, there's no one to associate the registered user with.

maybe by using a username? Member could type username leader and when this username had register it could automatically connect to their team.

You don't need to do that. The leader could just use CB Invites to invite the Member to join the site. When that Member joins their registration will accept the invite and if enabled be automatically connected to the Leader. Aside from that yeah I guess you could have a field for them to supply username or user_id, but beyond that it's just a field and what you do with it is up to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #226366 by camppos
Replied by camppos on topic a way to associate users using a field?
The point is for users to join the site whether they were invited or not. I just need them to group automatically by leader, for instance
John, jeff, pedro, carl are on the same team. John is the leader (from a different site).

They know about my site and decide to join. John is the leader but also the last to join. Once john join in the system will display all the other users on his profile. The system knows he is the leader since the other 3 persons input his username.

hope this explain it better

Jesus

10 years 11 months ago #226530 by krileon
We'll you could use the CB DB Lookup field to ensure the username they supply actually exists on your site. Beyond that you'll need to develop something or try using CB Auto Actions to create a connection between the two. We've really nothing in place for this. Best approach is to have the Leader invite others using CB Invites otherwise you've no idea who is associated with who and there's nothing in place to enforce that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn