Graduated Subscriptions.

10 years 11 months ago #226290 by cegarrett
Graduated Subscriptions. was created by cegarrett
I have three Plans Basic(free), Preferred, and Preferred Advantage. i have each of them setup as stand alone exclusive plans. but now that I'm working on Final testing i see this isn't how I should have set them up.

What I want is the Basic Plan to give access to some stuff (using content access under integration) and Preferred to give access to Basic Content and Some new Stuff(see above) and then Preferred Advantage to add even more content to Basic and Preferred.

So how do I set this up. Where did I go wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #226344 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Graduated Subscriptions.
It should already do that as by default it only allows upgrades if it's more expensive. You can also conditionally show/hide plans based off the state of other plans from the Workflows tab of your plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #226352 by cegarrett
Replied by cegarrett on topic Graduated Subscriptions.
no what I find is if I'm logged in as Preferred I can't open basic stuff because I can't see content locked to basic (because preferred is an exclusive plan the susscriber isn't sub'd to basic). and if I add it to Preferred so they can see it then Basic Nor Preferred can't see it as I don't allow subscriptions to Multiple Plans.

I think i should be using Child/Parent Plans some how but I can't get my head wrapped around it. What needs to be the Parent Level (Preferred Advantage or Basic) and how do I get a three level system?? I can't seem to figure it out.

thanks again

10 years 11 months ago #226531 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Graduated Subscriptions.
Your plans need to progressively protect content. When you upgrade from Basic to Preferred then you lose all the access to the content protected by Basic. What you do is protect that content by Basic and by Preferred and it'll work exactly as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn