Two different ways of accessing a content

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #228916 by flsk13
Hi,

I'll explain my "problem",
I'm making a website providing videos tutorials (I use k2 elements).
To access a video, a user must subscribe a plan so I achieve this using the "by url part" option in the integration tab.

But, a user can also purchase a single video tutorial (included or not in a plan).
And here is the tricky part...
Can I achieve this with cbsubs or should I use something else ? (I think I can't use something else because Cbsubs blocks the access to the restricted contents.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #228927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Two different ways of accessing a content

Can I achieve this with cbsubs or should I use something else ?

Yes, create 2 plans. 1 is your subscription. 1 is your single purchase (lifetime subscription is probably best, but you can try merchandise plan). Both protect the same URL. Now either of the plans can provide access to the URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #228936 by flsk13
Replied by flsk13 on topic Two different ways of accessing a content
Thank you for you quick answer.
I already knew I coud achieve this that way but it means I'll have to create as many new plan as available content...?

10 years 10 months ago #228937 by krileon

I already knew I coud achieve this that way but it means I'll have to create as many new plan as available content...?

Yes, I don't see any other way to do it unless you developed some sort of CBSubs integration that dynamically protected a video based off them selecting a video. So for example they'd select a video, subscribe, and it'd give access to that video dynamically, but again you'd need to develop this as we've no such integration. I suppose another option is to let them watch all videos for say 24 hours; basically giving them a 24 hour pass.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flsk13

10 years 10 months ago #228939 by flsk13
Replied by flsk13 on topic Two different ways of accessing a content
All right I'll try to develop a new CBSubs integration.
What is the best practise to start this?

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #228972 by krileon

What is the best practise to start this?

Review existing integrations and modify them to fit your needs is probably the easiest starting point. Some of them are more complex then others and some are much more simple.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn