Membership cancel

10 years 10 months ago #229056 by srinsoftleaderclips
Membership cancel was created by srinsoftleaderclips
Nick,

Im using CBSubs 3.0 with CB 1.9 & Joomla 25.4.

I have plans like free for week, monthly & annually, when i upgrade monthly plan to Annual then it upgrades well.

When i unsubcribe/cancel membership, then it revert back the monthly plan and again i have to login and cancel membership then it revert back the weekly membership.

If i cancel my membership from any plan then that user should not revert back the previous plan from where they upgraded and instead member should deactivated.

Is there any settings to enable this feature in CBSubs 3.0 ?

Thank you with anticipation
SrinSoft

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #229123 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership cancel
Are you using a parent > child relationship? If going from a parent plan to then having a child plan they'll always have the parent plan. When upgrading from 1 Exclusive plan to another Exclusive plan though the previous plan will remain active until it truly expires. So if you unsubscribe from the new plan while the previous plan has yet to expire then you'll still have the previous plan as active. As far as I am aware there is no option to do otherwise. I suppose you could use CBSubs SQL Actions to query the database and expire the previous subscription as previous subscription id substitution is available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #229165 by srinsoftleaderclips
Replied by srinsoftleaderclips on topic Membership cancel
Thank you for your response.

Both monthly and annual plan has value Top for parent plan in the settings. I believe both Monthly and Annual plan are not under any parent plan.

Could you please let us know the exact file and function to be modified to achieve it?

It would be great if you guide us in this scenario with some instruction to deactivate previous plan where they upgraded from when they cancel current membership.

10 years 10 months ago #229211 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership cancel
I see, it's working as intended then. There is no feature to disable this usage. It's appropriate to pause the previous plan when using the upgraded plan and if the previous plan is not yet expired when cancelling/unsubscribing from the upgraded plan it'll revert to the previous as active.

Could you please let us know the exact file and function to be modified to achieve it?

No, we do not support core edits. It also would not be a simple edit.

It would be great if you guide us in this scenario with some instruction to deactivate previous plan where they upgraded from when they cancel current membership.

Your only solution is to use CBSubs SQL Actions to unsubscribe the previous plan when upgrading through database queries. Example query as follows to unsubscribe previous plan id (not this is just an example and was not tested).

UPDATE `#__cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `previous_status` = `status`, `status` = 'E', `expiry_date` = NOW() WHERE `user_id` = '[user_id]' AND `plan_id` = '[replaced_plan_id]'

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds