[Newbie] Viewing emails sent by CBSubs/renewal reminders not being auto-sent?

10 years 8 months ago #231630 by e6003
Forgive me if these are FAQs, I have read the CBSubs manual thoroughly and searched forums here, and I can't see an answer.

I am running a society and use CBSubs mainly to process membership of the society (fairly simple plans; 1 year, 2 years, 5 years and concession options) but I also want it to keep track of our members and send them prompts to renew their memberships when they expire.

My questions are:

- I don't think CBSubs is doing what I want it to do, namely e-mailing renewal reminder notices to members when their plan is about to expire and/or it has expired. It *is* however sending confirmation emails when users register or I perform manual actions in the back end such as applying plans to users.

- The CBSubs user manual is unclear on this point, do I need to set up cron jobs in order to prompt CBSubs to send out renewal reminders and the like?

- Apart from in the Mailer section is there any way to view the emails sent by CBSubs - should they show up in the Sent section of my domain e-mail, which is powered by GMail?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Site www.renownrepulse.com
PHP Version 5.3.25
Joomla! 2.5.11 Stable [ Ember ] 26-April-2013 14:00 GMT
Community Builder 1.9
CB Subs 3.0.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #231671 by krileon

- I don't think CBSubs is doing what I want it to do, namely e-mailing renewal reminder notices to members when their plan is about to expire and/or it has expired. It *is* however sending confirmation emails when users register or I perform manual actions in the back end such as applying plans to users.

CBSubs doesn't have renewal reminders. You need to install and configure CBSubs Mailer to have such a thing. The Expiration email as configured on the Presentation tab sends at the exact time they expire.

- The CBSubs user manual is unclear on this point, do I need to set up cron jobs in order to prompt CBSubs to send out renewal reminders and the like?

Please see your documentation regarding CBSubs Mailer as it's needed to send reminders. Page 486 begins describing various CBSubs Mailer use cases and walks you through configuring them. Page 472 describes how to trigger them automatically using the CRON URLs (you should contact your host to help you with setting up CRON if you don't know how).

- Apart from in the Mailer section is there any way to view the emails sent by CBSubs - should they show up in the Sent section of my domain e-mail, which is powered by GMail?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn