Exporting Data

10 years 8 months ago #231878 by petekuhn
Exporting Data was created by petekuhn
I'd really appreciate an easier way to export subscriber data.

Apparently this is something that can be set up in phpmyadmin, and might be under consideration for future releases of CB Subs, according to an old post I found.

Our website is for a club where we still use paper to handle key transactions, and people appreciate having a printed list of members' names, ID numbers (we use the CB ID number as a member's permanent membership ID), and expiry dates.

The club membership grows fast in summer, and shrinks down in winter, so I have to print a membership list twice a week.

Previously I used CBJuice2, but it's been acting up since we upgraded to CB Subs 3.0, plus it's a real pain to handle 4500 records with 59 fields when all I want is the 932 records for current members, and only 4 of the fields. Ditto for setting up a list in CB and then copying everything to Excel, it takes too much time to edit out extraneous formatting like checkboxes and hyperlinks.

If there's an easy way to do this, please send code.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #231897 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Exporting Data
CB Juice is still going to be your easiest method. The alternative is to query on your database directly with phpmyadmin and export as CSV then print the CSV file. Another alternative is to create a CB userlist within List Management with the information you need (if you need expiration date you'll need to use CB Query Field to grab it as a field) then just print the userlist page (add &tmpl=component to the URL for just the userlist display). We've plans to implement exporting in a future release of CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 11 months ago #244839 by rustle44
Replied by rustle44 on topic Exporting Data
A quick workaround for this is to list the data in the backend of cb/ cbsubs that you would like to print off

then select all of the text by highlighting it from the cb table (headers included)

then right click - 'copy'

then open a new file in excel
right click on the background - 'paste special'

from here you will be given a series of 'paste special' options - select 'text'

this will populate the excel file with all of the data on the screen

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds