If I change the duration of a plan to a shorter period, will that affect current subscription durations? & feature suggestions

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #233573 by envee
Hi there!

If I have a "This and next calendar year" duration for a few months (beta tests) and then change it to a 1 year duration in a couple of weeks, will existing subscribers see their 14+ month subscription durations get reduced to 12 or not?

I'd also like to offer bonuses to subscribers in the form of adding another month to their subscription if they bring another client. As we've discussed before, manually changing the dates is not recommended, so I'd like to suggest the following features if you don't mind:

1) Flexible subscription dates (not just a list, perhaps a text box for days / months as well? For instance I wanted to offer 15 months and then change it to 12.

2) An option to add days/weeks/months etc to existing subscribers. Perhaps you could also combine this with promotions and codes, or even affiliates. I'd rather offer 1-2 months free with a promo-code and add value rather than subtract it by discounting a plan.

3) The separation of plans from durations. There could be an option for the same plan but different durations. This can probably be done now, but having one 12 month plan and buying another 6 month plan for the same plan means that a person will have two current subscriptions, one ending in 6 and another in 12 months, instead of a 12+6=18 month plan.

I've missed some of your great features before, so perhaps these already exist and I've missed them. Eitherways, perhaps some potential future features for a fantastic product.

Thanks for putting up with me! :laugh:

All the best
Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #233596 by krileon

If I have a "This and next calendar year" duration for a few months (beta tests) and then change it to a 1 year duration in a couple of weeks, will existing subscribers see their 14+ month subscription durations get reduced to 12 or not?

Changing anything on a plan except what the plan dynamically protects (like By URL Part protection) has zero affect on existing subscriptions. For example if you change the duration or the price it does nothing for existing subscriptions.

I'd also like to offer bonuses to subscribers in the form of adding another month to their subscription if they bring another client. As we've discussed before, manually changing the dates is not recommended, so I'd like to suggest the following features if you don't mind:

Currently there's no way to add bonus time other then modifying the expiration date of their subscription. You can give them a discount though using a negative promotion.

1) Flexible subscription dates (not just a list, perhaps a text box for days / months as well? For instance I wanted to offer 15 months and then change it to 12.

This is something we've discussed before and we plan to extend the duration features to fit more usecases, but for now it's pretty fixed as a lot of payment gateways have crazy strict recurring subscription duration limits.

2) An option to add days/weeks/months etc to existing subscribers. Perhaps you could also combine this with promotions and codes, or even affiliates. I'd rather offer 1-2 months free with a promo-code and add value rather than subtract it by discounting a plan.

I agree, it would be a great feature to have to be able to award time. Ideally we should just extend the Promotions plugin to not only be able to modify price, but be able to modify duration. Added a feature ticket for this.

3) The separation of plans from durations. There could be an option for the same plan but different durations. This can probably be done now, but having one 12 month plan and buying another 6 month plan for the same plan means that a person will have two current subscriptions, one ending in 6 and another in 12 months, instead of a 12+6=18 month plan.

This is already planned. We have CBSubs Options, which provides the dropdowns you see in our CBSubs purchases on your Membership tab, but I have yet to be able to get it upgraded and usable for the public (priority is CB 1.10.0 atm).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn