Problem with the Plan - Subscribers User access level settings

10 years 7 months ago #234687 by ricco1
Hi,

I don't know if you've understood that I've sent you the PM with the back end access details yesterday.

Thank you
Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #234693 by krileon
I've received your PM. I did not have the time to review your install yesterday, but will be doing so today.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ricco1

10 years 7 months ago #234695 by krileon
Something is completely blocking usergroup changes outside of direct user edits from backend. Not even CB Auto Actions can seam to change a users usergroup and it doesn't care about usergroup relationships like CBSubs does, it just adds them if they don't already exist. My guess is something installed is conflicting or CB core files have been modified (did you modify anything in CBs core files?), but I've no way of knowing for sure as you've way too much installed for me to debug this for you. Best I can suggest is just start disabling extensions 1 by 1 until it resolves. Be sure to test from frontend as backend profile edit usergroup parameter will override anything a subscription may give them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago #234697 by ricco1
Ah, you've scared me.

The only core changes I've done are to this file:

..components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/cb.profilebook.php

I've explained why and how in this topic:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/222468-convert-cb-profile-book-guestbook-to-feedback-system#232882

Could it be because I've once deleted the original "Registered" group and later I've recreated it?

OK, I'll start disabling extensions 1 by 1.

Could tell me if these are the correct test steps I need to take:

1. Disable 1 extension;
2. Register a user from the front end;
3. See if the correct user group is assigned;
4. If not go to the next extension.

Thank you very much krileon
Best regards

10 years 7 months ago #234700 by krileon

Could it be because I've once deleted the original "Registered" group and later I've recreated it?

That's also a very likely possibility. In most cases you should never tamper with the default usergroups. CB does not know how to behave with new parent usergroups under Public as we have yet to rewrite our ACL usage. So CB may not be "seeing" your custom usergroups very well. Joomla also doesn't know how to behave as all access permissions are lost when you did this. If possible I suggest reviewing a clean installs usergroups table and try to restore the defaults then move your customer usergroups under your custom "Registered" usergroup to be under the default "Registered" usergroup.

Could tell me if these are the correct test steps I need to take:

1. Disable 1 extension;
2. Register a user from the front end;
3. See if the correct user group is assigned;
4. If not go to the next extension.

You should be able to do the follow.

1. Login
2. Unsubscribe.
3. Disable Extension
4. Resubscribe
5. Repeat 2-4

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #234704 by ricco1
OK, thank you again.

I've a backup from before I did the stupidity to delete the original "Registered" group. I'll restore it to a test site to see if this is the problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn