[SOLVED]Restricting Access to a Tab

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #239552 by dillydally
[SOLVED]Restricting Access to a Tab was created by dillydally
I'm sorry to post here but I have read all the possible postings that can relate and I still regrettably do not understand what I should do. So my issue is:

I have 2 memberships - individual and corporate
They require different fields to be completed and I've got this cracked with some appearing in registrations and where relevant.

The issue I have is with the tab I have for the corporate company information this appears in the login profile too and insists that individual members then complete this too (as most of the fields are required for corporate members). I've tried access levels and that didn't work as I can't get the same levels and I think I'm doing this wrong, I haven't tried the conditional accesses as this just confuses the life out of me.

Can you say anything that may help me resolve this??

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239627 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Restricting Access to a Tab
You need to use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection to protect a tab to a specific subscription. Please review your CBSubs documentation for example usages of CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection. The below example should also work.

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, CB subs control tab availability
Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: Your Plan
Still Available for Profile Owner himself: No: profile owner himself is also restricted

To hide the fields of that tab on registration you'll need to edit your individual plan and on the Workflows tab use the hide fields parameter to hide the corporate tab fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dillydally

10 years 3 months ago #239647 by dillydally
Replied by dillydally on topic Restricting Access to a Tab
Thanks for the clarity, I realised that I did not have the plugin installed, hence part of the problem solved. However, I realise that I actually need to restrict access to a field and not the entire tab ... and I've gone through the CBSubs documentation ... yet I am obviously not getting it as I still don't have the desired result. If I may outline below and add a screenshot.

Membership plans - corporate or individual
I have the correct fields showing at registration ... perfect if this could also translate into the tabs ...
However, for the conditional fields that I don't want to have shown in tabs for specific plans ... I can't get that right. So I have attached a screenshot of the settings I have set for just the address1 field (as per trying to follow the CBSubs document) and I still have it showing. So address1 should NOT appear in individual plans ... what did I get wrong here?

Thanks
Attachments:

10 years 3 months ago #239662 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Restricting Access to a Tab
You need to fix "Still Available for Profile Owner himself:" usage as your current settings is saying that the profile owner always can access the field, but the viewing user needs a subscription to see it. Ensure "Still Available for Profile Owner himself:" is set to "No" and it should behave as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, dillydally

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn