[SOLVED] Best way to handle CB tabs with plans for different user groups

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #239763 by andor
Hi,
We have two kind of user groups: 1) Subscribers to a magazine and 2) Members

Since one have to fulfill some requirements to be a member, while subscribers don't, I want to have two different tabs to show two different sets of plans, e.g.

Set 1:
Membership 1 year
Membership 2 years

Set 2:
Subscription 1 year
Subscription 2 years

The first set is a standard setup and works fine.

Subscribers and members are assigned to two different user groups, which means I can build on that value.

The standard tab showing my different membership plans is a CB Paid Subscriptions plugin. "Real" members can't see the new subscription plans, since these subscription plans are set with its own Access Level. However, I want the Subscribers to see those plans in their own tab, but can't get it to work.

I have a feeling I've missed the most obvious solution but hope you may point me in the right direction :blush:

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239856 by krileon
You want the plans visible, but they won't be able to subscribe to them? CBSubs won't do that. It only shows what they can actually purchase. To advertise a plan I suggest using a Joomla article with a link that links directly to the plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #239857 by andor
Thanks for your swift response :)

I just want the "Membership" plans visible for Members (as in Joomla user group "Registered") and the "Only Subscription" plans visible for the ones that are not allowed as members, but just as Subscribers for the newsletter etc.

For these subscribers I created a new Joomla user group, which is what I hope will assist me with this task.

So, to answer your question, I just want to show the relevant plans for each user group, 4 different plans for each of the two groups.

I might confuse you by using the term "Subscription" here, but that is exactly what these guys are - just a newsletter for them but no additional benefits, as the "Members" get.

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

10 years 3 months ago #239860 by krileon
If you've usergroups to separate each user you should use View Access Levels then select the view access level on the Access tab of your plans. Try to avoid using usergroups for access checks as everything is switching over to View Access Levels, which can be a single usergroup or multiple usergroups. You can create new View Access Levels within Users > Access Levels.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #239863 by andor
When you say "as everything is switching over to View Access Levels", do you mean that new versions will have some added functionality in this area or are you just expressing what is?

Anyway, I tested what I understood you meant and set it up as in the attached picture. It seems to be working. New members can see the Members plans - and just those - as they are presented Public during registration, while Subscribers, which admin register in the back end, will just see the Subscriber plans.

Do you spot any odd settings in the picture?

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0
Attachments:

10 years 3 months ago #239870 by krileon

When you say "as everything is switching over to View Access Levels", do you mean that new versions will have some added functionality in this area or are you just expressing what is?

Joomla 3.0 and greater uses strictly View Access Levels for checking view access. CBSubs can utilize both on the Access tab, but I recommend strictly using View Access Levels when available for access checks.

Do you spot any odd settings in the picture?

No, you stated it's working fine though; is it still not behaving as expected?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn