Mailer Email Throttling

10 years 3 months ago #240135 by quantumgravity
Mailer Email Throttling was created by quantumgravity
Hi,

I have a group with 130 members belonging to a certain CBSubs Plan. If I want to create a mailer for them, I assume Mailer will send all out of its emails at the same time.

Unfortunately, Hostgator's email requirements state that:

Mailing Lists Rules
1. Any time you're sending a message no matter how large your e-mail list is you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending 1 email every 8 seconds. (Sending 1 every 8 seconds would send 450 emails within 1 hour, keeping you below the 500 outgoing email limit.) If the mailing list software you're using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to an application or script that will. We recommend PHPList, which can be found in your CPanel, under Quickinstall.

IMPORTANT: If you do not throttle and you try sending 500 emails, the server will try sending all 500 in 1 second which is not possible on our shared servers. This will cause a very high load on the server and the entire server will be sluggish, potentially affecting your sites and service, until this sending process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish or experiencing issues. Anyone who causes the server's load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle, you will most likely be suspended for crashing the server.

Is there any way to throttle in the way Hostgator seems to demand, or suggestions for a host without such requirements?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #240679 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mailer Email Throttling
Within CBSubs > Settings > Mailer under "Mailer automation settings" you can adjust the mailer queue processing. How often the queue processes is based off CRON scheduled usage of the mailer automation url (can be every hour, every day, etc.. as needed).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quantumgravity

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn