CBSubs VirtueMart plugin load list groups error

10 years 3 months ago #240359 by freedom09
I get thiserror message when I am modifying a plan.

<b>Warning: CBSubs VirtueMart plugin load list groups error: DB functie is mislukt met het volgende foutnummer 1146
Table 'databasename.jos_vm_auth_group' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT `group_name` AS name, `group_id` AS id FROM `jos_vm_auth_group` ORDER BY `group_name` in /home/sitename/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsvirtuemart/cbsubs.virtuemart.php on line 630</b>

I saw that VM 2.0.14 had the same issue, but I am using VM 2.0.26D

CB Subs 3.0
Joomla 2.5.17
CB 1.9.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #240366 by freedom09
Replied by freedom09 on topic CBSubs VirtueMart plugin load list groups error
Okay, found it already. Apparently with the update to Virtuemart 2.026D, a number of tables have been renamed in Virtuemart.

Therefore two areas in the virtuemart pluging need to be changed (/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsvirtuemart/cbsubs.virtuemart.php")

lin 623-624:
.	', ' . $_CB_database->NameQuote( 'virtuemart_permgroup_id' ) . ' AS id'
"\n FROM " . $_CB_database->NameQuote( '#__virtuemart_permgroups' )

And line 680-681
.	', ' . $_CB_database->NameQuote( 'virtuemart_vendor_id' ) . ' AS id'
.	"\n FROM " . $_CB_database->NameQuote( '#__virtuemart_vendors' )

10 years 3 months ago #240688 by krileon
The VM plugin will be deprecated with next release of CBSubs. The constant table structure changes with each minor release are making it impossible to keep integrations up to date. Structure changes should be done in major releases only (e.g. VM 3.0, 4.0, etc..).

I just don't have the time to babysit each damaging change like that; so it's officially deprecated with next CBSubs release. We've attempted to use their API, but it suffers the same fate of constant damaging changes and/or lack of functionality.

This is nothing against VM as a product it self; it's just not developer integration friendly. I apologize if this inconveniences anyone using VM, but you can attempt to modify the existing plugin or use direct queries with SQL Actions as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn