[#4419] Bad news - CBSubs registers users without confirmaition!!!

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #240584 by ricco1
Scenario:

4 plans: 1 free, 3 paid.

User first attempts to register as a paid member, but he/she changes his mind in the last moment of his checkout and he cancels the payment and the registration.

Then he goes and tries to login and he logs in, selecting Free membership.

The result is that he/she is registered without confirmation of his email address, although we have specified that free members must confirm their email address.

Tested with Paypal and 2CO.

Why?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #240693 by krileon
Ensure all your plans are configured to require confirmation before payment on the Workflows tab. This should prevent that from happening.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #240712 by ricco1
Hi Kyle and thank you for the answer.

I know that if configured to require confirmation before payment on the Workflows tab the user will have to confirm even if he wants to pay, but the point here is to have the user registered and to be able to use the site without confirmation if he pays, because if he pays he will be with confirmed identity anyway. But if he cancels the payment than he should confirm his email.

Is this not possible?

Thank you
Regards
Ricco

10 years 2 months ago #240870 by krileon
I don't think you can do that. We really need to improve the cancel process though and not allow it for registrations as it doesn't make sense or at least if a cancellation is made re-draw plan selection or delete the user. I've added a feature ticket to look into this further for a later release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #240886 by ricco1
I'm sure you will think of something.

Deleting the registered users is not a good idea.

Whatever you decide, sort it out soon please as its a weakness which could be misused.

I personally think the user should be returned to the login page, informing him that he's been downgraded to free member, due to lack of payment.

Best regards
Ricco

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn