New User not activated after Paypal Payment

10 years 1 month ago #242263 by zen
The subscription payment is received via paypal gateway, but the CB user status does not get updated to active.

No notification that the payment has been made is sent to the admin email.

Even when the CB user is manually activated in the backend, no email gets sent.

Note: When existing subscribers renew their plan, it works no problem and the admin notification email gets sent as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #242414 by zen
Correction:

Existing subscribers who has the plan expired can renew but after the paypal payment is received, their subscription status still remains expired.

Please advise.

10 years 1 month ago #242470 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New User not activated after Paypal Payment
Check within CBSubs > Notifications to ensure the IPN from PayPal is being received properly. Without the IPN it's possible for a payment to not properly be recorded by CBSubs. What PayPal gateway are you using? Standard (default built in PayPal gateway), Advanced, or Pro as we provide all 3. It's also good to add at least a 1 day grace period to your plans to account for IPN delay.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #242482 by zen
When I checked CBSubs > Notifications, I found the notification raw data for the transaction in question:

- business email mismatch: parametered business (xxx) or receiver () expected does not match IPN receiver (email).

I then realized my PayPal account now has two emails and under my CBSubs PayPal gateway (Standard) settings I have the following field blank:

- PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account):

This could well be the the cause of this whole issue. I have now entered the account email address under the above-mentioned field. I will let you know if the issue still persists.

10 years 1 month ago #242486 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New User not activated after Paypal Payment
I recommend the below configuration.

PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID): Merchant ID provided when saving web site selling preferences

PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account): The email address specifically marked as Primary in your PayPal account

Your PayPal Identity Token: The token provided in web site selling preferences when enabling return data.

This should resolve the issue for current and future subscriptions. Please be sure to test a new subscription renewal and existing subscription renewal to ensure PayPal IPNs are working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn