uninstalling CBSubs

10 years 1 month ago #242971 by susommer
uninstalling CBSubs was created by susommer
hi there,

I'm thinking about uninstalling CBSubs. There's nothing wrong with the software at all, it's just not the right fit for the purpose!
I've been asked to install software that automatically handles user subscription, but it turns out that they only want to have offline payment options and automatically sent e-mails and auto-generated invoices freak them out...
so all the reasons why I installed CBSubs in the first place are now reasons why I think uninstalling might be the way to go.

Is there anything I have to look out for? It won't affect the registered users / user profiles?
Can I just uninstall all CBSubs related modules, plugins and such?

I want to leave CB and GroupJive untouched. I know I'll have to configure the registration form afterwards, but that should be all, right? I'm thinking I'll just turn what used to be membership plans into a registration field with radio-buttons.
It does sound backwards, I know, but what the customer wants...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #243072 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic uninstalling CBSubs
Just uninstall its CB plugins and Joomla extensions. That's all you need to do. Its database tables will be kept encase you want to use it again later and it'll pick up where you left off or you can manually remove the database tables prefixed with _cbsubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds