CBSubs promotions in backoffice calcualted incorrectly

10 years 1 week ago #244254 by webweaver.be
We have discovered another issue in the CBSubs promotions plugin

We have based the promotion discount on a CB user field. In the frontend this is calculated correctly. However, in the backoffice, the field value of the administrator is used to calculate the total of the subscription fee in the subscriptions tab for all users. This makes it impossible to allow the administrator to create a subscription for that user (when they have paid outside of the system).

Could you please look into this?

Versions:
CBSubs 3.0.0
Joomla 3.2.3
CB 1.9.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 week ago #244264 by krileon
Not sure I understand the issue. Backend does not go through payment processing at all so I'm not sure how this is a bug. If the user pays outside of a payment gateway then you should have the Offline gateway enabled and available. Administrators can go through the beginning stages of the frontend purchase process on the users behalf by using the users subscription tab. This allows a basket to be created normally, which can then be paid from backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 week ago #244273 by webweaver.be
Offline gateway is enabled and available.

Problem 1 is that the administrators don't know the members password, so they cannot login on the users behalf in the frontend.

"Problem" 2 is that the administrator is allowed to select a plan in the backoffice and save. If it is not possible for the administrator to select a plan for the member in the backoffice, this should not be allowed through the UI.

Ideally, when the administrator selects a plan for a user in the backoffice, all promotions for that user should be calculated and a basket created using the offline gateway. Then the administrator could go to the basket and mark the basket as paid.

We currently proposed our customer to indeed reset the password of that user, log in and perform the membership subscription on their behalf. But this is only ok in the beginning of the project. It's not very professional (from that user point of view) in the long run to have their password reset each time they do a payment outside of the system.

10 years 1 week ago #244309 by krileon

Problem 1 is that the administrators don't know the members password, so they cannot login on the users behalf in the frontend.

They don't have to. They just need to view the Subscription tab of that users profile. They can then go through the frontend process on the users behalf using the users Subscription tab.

"Problem" 2 is that the administrator is allowed to select a plan in the backoffice and save. If it is not possible for the administrator to select a plan for the member in the backoffice, this should not be allowed through the UI.

Backend skips payment process. It activates the plan immediately.

Ideally, when the administrator selects a plan for a user in the backoffice, all promotions for that user should be calculated and a basket created using the offline gateway. Then the administrator could go to the basket and mark the basket as paid.

That's not how backend works. There is no payment process. So there is no basket and no need for payment calculations. We've plans to allow backend basket creation in a future release though.

We currently proposed our customer to indeed reset the password of that user, log in and perform the membership subscription on their behalf. But this is only ok in the beginning of the project. It's not very professional (from that user point of view) in the long run to have their password reset each time they do a payment outside of the system.

You do not need to do any password resetting or anything of the sort. Just view their Subscription tab on frontend as a administrator by going to the users profile. Next select what you want to subscribe the user to. Once the offline process has been completed there will be a basket in backend that the administrator can then pay.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.546 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn