Fields Hidden During Registration, But Still On Profile

9 years 9 months ago #247337 by solomonhodge
Hi there,

I just noticed this and am not 100% sure where I should go to adjust. I have my CB Subs Plans created, and a few have fields only applicable to the Plan purchased at that time. Registration works as I expected.

Problem: When a user with a DIFFERENT Plan goes to edit their profile, they see the fields that aren't relevant to them.

EG: Say a personal account is created, the field should be "Your Name", and if a business account is created, it should be "Company Name". During Registration, the fields filter as expected. When the user logs in, however, and go to edit their profile, they see both fields.... and some of these make no sense unless they are relevant to you.

Do you have any insights on where I adjust this?

Thanks!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #248100 by krileon
The hide fields feature only applies to registration. You need to use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection to hide fields on profile edit and/or profile view based off subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #248104 by solomonhodge
Thanks.

Related: When using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection, For fields that are required, how do you hide those tabs in the admin area?

Case:
- Plan A has a required field of First Name and Last Name.
- Plan B has a required field of Company Name.

Plan A won't see the Plan B field during registration, and vice versa, but if/when an admin needs to edit the User Profile, both fields are required.

So, how would you hide the tabs for admin, based on plan?

9 years 8 months ago #248350 by krileon
It won't hide fields or tabs in the admin area. It's best to just shut off admin validation in this case, which can be done from CB > Configuration > User Profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #248353 by solomonhodge
That's unfortunate. In this case, shutting off admin validation isn't an option, because some members may opt to fill out a paper form and have their info manually entered... so it would force the admin to fill it out.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #248359 by krileon
Shutting of admin validation only affects backend user edit/create. Your admin can then optionally fill out any of the information as necessary since no required state errors will be thrown. If this functioned on backend it would make management of users very complicated. Especially if the user has an incomplete form and the admin needs to make a minor fix to a completely unrelated field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn