Eway - intermittent failures in subscription confirmation

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #315414 by matt@harrington.co.nz
Eway - intermittent failures in subscription confirmation was created by matt@harrington.co.nz
Hi all,

We are having intermittent failures in eway confirming subscriptions. Eway accepts the payment however the sub is not confirmed. There is a store basket with payment notinitiated but no other log.

We are running 4.3.1+build.2019.10.25.16.27.41.6cbeb8128 and I see there is an update which I will carry out. Can anyone help?

Cheers, Matt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315431 by krileon
Our implementation of eWay is unchanged so there's no reason for it to suddenly start to fail. eWay does not provide notifications so it's vital the user is redirected back to your site after a purchase. If they are not then we've no way to confirm payment. Are users not returning to your site after making a payment? You should see the PDT return in CBSubs > Notifications if they are.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #315437 by matt@harrington.co.nz
Replied by matt@harrington.co.nz on topic Eway - intermittent failures in subscription confirmation
Thanks Krileon,

Around one in 20 are failing to return. Would you say that Stripe is more robust? We are thinking about swapping to Stripe for this implementation.

4 years 5 months ago #315438 by krileon

Around one in 20 are failing to return.

There's unfortunately nothing we can really do about this since they've no IPN API available. Their API depends entirely on returning the user back for confirmation. My guess is the user is closing the window before it can return them for whatever reason or something fails at eWay preventing the return.

Would you say that Stripe is more robust?

Absolutely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matt@harrington.co.nz

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn