Canceling an unpaid subscription when there is only one payment gateway

3 years 10 months ago #318753 by joomally
How can a user cancel an unpaid subscription when there is only one payment gateway? The 'Cancel payment and subscription' link is only available when there is more than one payment option.

The problem I have is if a user is on one plan, and then choses to upgrade to another plan (from the
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans page)

Suppose there are 2 upgrade options. Plan A or Plan B. If the user clicks 'Upgrade' for Plan A, but then changes their mind, the user can't cancel that payment.
So if the user goes to
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans
after clicking 'Upgrade' for Plan A,

Plan A now has the option to 'Pay Now'.
Plan B has the option 'Upgrade'. But clicking on 'Upgrade' for Plan B takes the user to a payment page for Plan A.

When there is more than one payment gateway, then clicking on 'Upgrade' for Plan B displays the message 'A payment invoice exists already: Please check below if it is correct. If not correct, click on the cancel link below, and select your choice again.' with the option to 'Cancel payment and subscription'. But this is not possible when there is only one payment gateway.

Is there another way to give users the option to cancel a subscription before it is paid ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318759 by krileon
The only way to bypass the basket is if you have 1 gateway available, no promotion codes available, no currency switching, terms and conditions are off, and invoice address is off. In this case it will directly redirect to the payment gateway to start payment. Is this what is happening for you? In that case the cancel link at the payment gateway, if available, should cancel the basket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318774 by joomally
yes, what you described is what is happening for me.

I'm using the Stripe Payment Gateway, but I dont see the cancel option. Is there a config option somewhere to display the cancel option for the Stripe payment gateway ?

Thanks

3 years 10 months ago #318780 by krileon
Stripe won't have a cancel link since it's on site. If using hosted payments there should be a cancel link. Have added a bug feature ticket to see if we need to review adding a cancel link to the credit card form page as well when this situation happens.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8028

Have also added a feature ticket to see about forcing the basket to cancel if they attempt to subscribe to a different plan.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8029

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318799 by joomally

3 years 6 months ago #320300 by joomally
This is still an issue for us.

Is it possible to create an 'Auto Action' to cancel the basket ?
I have identified a suitable trigger, but just need to know what 'type' of Auto Action to use. I thought perhaps a 'code' or a 'query', if you could tell me the appropriate configuration for the 'Action' tab ?

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn