Disable renewal

1 year 8 months ago #330223 by cjmicro
Disable renewal was created by cjmicro
How can I disable renewals so nobody can renew their subscription? We are going to be closing down and don't want any new subscriptions but need current ones to stay active.
Currently I set plans like this:
published=yes
allow new subscriptions = no
allow registration = no
allow upgrade = no
access public

Cheryl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330258 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Disable renewal
Edit your Plan and under the Pricing tab set "Renewable in advance by" to "Non-renewable".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330261 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic Disable renewal
Thank you! We decided not to turn it off, but this is great to know for future.

Is there a way to add a month onto everyone's expiration? I can access PHPMyAdmin to do it directly... if that's an option.

We are going to "pause" for a month so how can we add a month to everyone's plan?

Cheryl

1 year 8 months ago #330262 by krileon

Is there a way to add a month onto everyone's expiration? I can access PHPMyAdmin to do it directly... if that's an option.

Best way to do that is under Pricing tab set "Grace period before real expiration" to "1 month" so they won't actually expire until 1 month after their expiration date. There isn't really a way to directly add time to users subscriptions without doing so in the database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330263 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic Disable renewal
I thought about that but wasn't sure if it affected their annual renewal date. So if i add a month grace period before renew, will it still send out renewals on the date? And keep same expiration date, just if they don't pay it wont' cancel?

1 year 8 months ago #330277 by krileon
Yes, it should still send out whatever expiration emails you have. It just prevents them from expiring up to 1 month after their expiration date.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds