Stripe subscription showing "Subscription creation" instead of plan name

1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #333210 by wjgadmin
I've noticed since the latest major update to Stripe, per our discussions here.... the "Description" seems to always = "Subscription creation". Is this what is being sent to Stripe per CBSubs?

In this case, can you please change that to be more informational? Previously, it would say something like "Plan_Name for User_Name" etc... OR Invoice 39EB..............

The idea is for us to be able to have the information when looking at the payments in the Stripe dashboard. Can you please let me know if this can be adjusted? Thank you

Looking further into this, it is the Stripe description field that this information needs to be sent to. So could you please send the plan name for user so we can track who is who via the Stripe dashboard? Also this helps with further automation, such as bookkeeping as this is further automated to be sent to that etc... :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 week ago #333213 by krileon
Where are you seeing this? In the logs? We already set the description. If a SubscriptionSchedule has to be used and it changes phases it will show that in the logs but the actual subscription should be named appropriately under Billing > Subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 week ago #333220 by wjgadmin
I don't see anything in the history logs, but honestly I'm not sure what I'm looking for there.

When logging into the Stripe dashboard, every subscription that has been created since 3-3-23 (this is when we updated CBSubs w/ the Stripe changes), the "DESCRIPTION" column = "Subscription creation".

For some reason, the details that were previously being stored in Stripe's description field, no longer is and unfortunately is being replaced with the generic aforementioned text.

I noticed this because of the lack of details per bookeeping, so we then had to manually update each one with the corresponding data. As you know, that is very time consuming so was just hoping there is a simple solution.

Not sure where the change occurred, could Stripe have changed their description variable name? If you have a solution or something else I can check, please let me know.

1 year 1 week ago #333221 by krileon
Does your subscription plan have a different initial price/duration from the regular price/duration? SubscriptionSchedules will do that. I'm setting all the description parameters available to me. I can check if there's a separate parameter that causes this, but you need to provide how your recurring subscription is setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 week ago #333222 by wjgadmin
Thank you!
Each of the recurring subscriptions thus far = same 1st & ongoing pricing. Currently that is all we offer :)

Maybe a different time & topic on the forum, it'd be great if the promotions were able to allow this without having the plan do it always. That way we can offer it as a promo.
Sorry, I know I should create another ticket for that, but wanted to mention just in case it was on your list.

1 year 1 week ago #333224 by krileon
Ok, so you're seeing this under Stripe > Payments. Looks like it's the charge created by the subscription invoice. There isn't anything I can do about this. I'm already setting the description parameter when creating the subscription and the SetupIntent. Suggest contacting Stripe as it's strange the invoice isn't inheriting it from the subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn