Payment Center not accessible in the control panel

9 months 3 weeks ago #334042 by schrammelmann
Hello all,
since a few days I get the following error message when trying to access the payment center in the admin frontend:

If I call the link directly in a browser, it redirects to the following address:
www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml

There seem to be outdated references in the XML as well:

Should it actually work despite the redirects or does CBSubs need to be adjusted?

Best regards
Michael

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 3 weeks ago #334043 by schrammelmann
Replied by schrammelmann on topic Payment Center not accessible in the control panel
Oh, it works again and unfortunately I can't say exactly which of the following helped.

First I had updated all CB plugins. Then Akeeba Ticket System Professional and Akeeba Backup Professional package. Then I cleared the cache in the control panel and also all website data in my browser. Furthermore I logged out and back in several times. In the end I clicked on the button "Return to Control Panel" and after that the access to the CBSubs Payment Center worked again.

So the problem is solved, although I do not know how :-)

9 months 3 weeks ago #334045 by krileon

If I call the link directly in a browser, it redirects to the following address:

That's the currency exchange rate update call. The endpoint was just down temporarily. That usually clears up in a few minutes to a few hours.

There seem to be outdated references in the XML as well:

That's just the schema. XML schemas don't change often. It doesn't reflect on the date of the data. The date of the data is in the time attribute of the Cube node.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schrammelmann

9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #334049 by schrammelmann
Replied by schrammelmann on topic Payment Center not accessible in the control panel
Thank you very much for the clarifications.

Regarding the links to the XML schemas, I didn't mean the date in the links, but the links themselves. They don't work. The first one leads to a dubious web page. The second link returns a 404 page from ecb.
Since I have no idea about XML parsers and whether they need or retrieve data from the schema links, I wanted to point this out just to be on the safe side.

Which was also odd. I have a production site and a test site. While the test site was working again at some point after my update attempts. The production site was still down for about half an hour.
But maybe that was an effect related to the NGINX proxy of my hoster and not to my update attempts.

Anyway, everything is working fine now and the currencies are up to date. Thanks a lot!

9 months 3 weeks ago #334050 by krileon

Regarding the links to the XML schemas, I didn't mean the date in the links, but the links themselves. They don't work. The first one leads to a dubious web page. The second link returns a 404 page from ecb.
Since I have no idea about XML parsers and whether they need or retrieve data from the schema links, I wanted to point this out just to be on the safe side.

They're nothing to worry about. They're just namespaces as part of their XML schema. You'll notice our XML has similar nonsensical URLs as they're internal and don't really mean anything to anyone that doesn't have their usage setup.

Which was also odd. I have a production site and a test site. While the test site was working again at some point after my update attempts. The production site was still down for about half an hour.
But maybe that was an effect related to the NGINX proxy of my hoster and not to my update attempts.

It was likely just a CDN outage on their end. It happens sometimes. This won't ever impact frontend. I've added a ticket to add a try/catch around it though so it won't throw any errors and will just silently fail instead of blocking the payment center.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9186

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 3 weeks ago #334051 by schrammelmann

I've added a ticket to add a try/catch around it though so it won't throw any errors and will just silently fail instead of blocking the payment center.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9186
Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn