Membership Upgrades issue

9 months 1 week ago #334493 by craschnburn
Membership Upgrades issue was created by craschnburn
Hi.
This is newly setup.  
Joomla 3.10.12
CB:  2.8.0+build.2023.07.12.21.31.08.8f3ab82e7
CBSUB:  4.6.1+build.2023.06.21.13.40.37.680b3e218 

Is it normal for when Registered users subscriptions to retain the Registered user group when upgraded to Editor-based Subscription?
Is there a setting I'm missing?
My users have double-user group assignments when upgrading subscription.
They all have registered and what it is that they should be assigned to.

Please help.

I'm like to PM some screen shot if at all possible.  I can also provide backend link.

Thanks,
T-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 1 week ago #334497 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership Upgrades issue
Yes that's normal. CBSubs only manages usergroups that it has plans configured to manage. So if nothing is managing Registered then a plan manages Author it won't remove Registered when Author is added. There should be no harm in them having both. For a more strict management of usergroups you'd need to use CB Auto Actions. I can provide an auto action example if you really don't want them to have Registered.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #334508 by craschnburn
Replied by craschnburn on topic Membership Upgrades issue
Ok.  That's fine as well.  Thank you. 
I've created an Auto Action, but it doesn't seem to remove the Registered Group.

Your thoughts.

Attachments:

9 months 1 week ago #334520 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership Upgrades issue
Please attach images in the future and don't copy paste them. That functionality doesn't work so great in Kunena and our security doesn't accept data URIs for security purposes.

Use the below usage to act on subscription state changes within CB Auto Actions.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3]
Operator: Equal To
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Value: A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Custom Value: [var3]
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: A

Be sure to replace PLAN_ID_HERE with the actual id of your plan as found in CBSubs > Plans. In your case you'd just use the Usergroup action type then adjust its parameters further as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #334532 by craschnburn
Replied by craschnburn on topic Membership Upgrades issue
Understood.  Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn