Registration-'cancel payment and memberships selected' doesn't remove CB profile

9 months 1 week ago #334534 by webmasterACA
Hi again...
forget my feedback since your last advise. 
Going back to what you initially wrote, I decided to start all over again. 

1. I cleaned up my CBSubs, to get back to the situation after installation: 0 subscriptions, 0 basket.

2. I removed my free life time plan. 

3. I put my global settings as per your advise:
  • show subscriptions a registration=yes
  • allow free registered users=yes
  • Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans=yes

4. Assigned in CB the group 'Active Membership' to all existing CB users who paid their 2023 membership. I created this group before, to have it additonally assigned to all users that subscripe to a membership plan, and have this additonal group removed again by CBSubs when their plan expires and they don't renew.

5. Imported again existing CB users to CBSubs: this time only those with CB group 'Active Membership' to the plan '1 Year Membership', being the one I will be using in the future. Previously I imported all from group 'registered' to to the free life time plan(which doesn't exist anymore, as I wrote).

Things look largely OK. Users that paid before I had CBSubs, got an active '1 Year Membership' plan expiring 31-12-2023 as expected. They can log on, use the site as before, can buy upgrades, etc etc everything fine for them.

Registered users that didn't pay yet, can log on, and get the message 'a subscription is needed to log on' with the different plans they can upgrade to. Looks OK. They can not access anything (actually are not really logged on) which is also ok. What I don't understand: their CB user is automatically 'deactivated' by this first logon. Can't find any setting in CBSubs or CB that tells the system to do that.

But my initial problem is still there: people who register as new user, fill in the registration form, and proceed to the payment screen, get a new CB user created. Which is OK.
But if they cancel immediately at the payment screen, without doing anything else, the subscription and basket entry are removed correctly, but the CB user created for them, is still not removed. .

So despite my global setup is now as per your advise, the user is not deleted. So people can still create ghost users in my system.

Please advise, thanks,
Roland

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #334540 by krileon

They can not access anything (actually are not really logged on) which is also ok. What I don't understand: their CB user is automatically 'deactivated' by this first logon. Can't find any setting in CBSubs or CB that tells the system to do that.

They shouldn't be blocked. The setting that causes that is "allow free registered users" and only if set to "no".

But if they cancel immediately at the payment screen, without doing anything else, the subscription and basket entry are removed correctly, but the CB user created for them, is still not removed. .

The user won't be removed with "allow free registered users" set to "yes". They're free users so they're allowed to exist.

The only way to workaround your issue is you either need to allow free registrations as you're doing now OR you need a temporary plan for your existing users. So one way to do this is as you've done. The other is as follows.

show subscriptions a registration=yes
allow free registered users=no
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans=yes

Now give your existing non-paying users a free lifetime plan. I suppose it doesn't need to be lifetime though. Could give them a free plan that lasts a month so they can decide to pay or not. They'll be able to use the site normally, but won't be able to access any paid content since your paid plans should be restricting that. New users will have to pick a paid plan and they should be deleted if they cancel during payment. You can also try the following after giving them a free lifetime plan. I can't recall if this will ask them to subscribe on login or not.

Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans=no

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 21 hours ago #334664 by webmasterACA
Hi Kyle,
I have to come back to this. As you advised, I have set my general settings:
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans=yes
I have 3 paid plans at registration, mutual exclusive, 1 must be selected.
Nevertheless, when I new user starts registration, selects 1 plan, goes to payment page and cancels payment, his CB user record is created and not removed because he cancelled payment right away.
His user is disabled, he has no plan assigned, he is in user group registered. So he can't register again from scratch (logically since his user name is allready in use now), he can't logon since he is disabled, and he does not get offered the options at logon to subscribe to a paying plan(like all other existing users with no active plan which I imported as per your advice to a free plan), since he has no free plan assigned.
So I am still stuck. 
Setting allow free registered users=yes or Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans=no doesn't make a difference. I can't find any combination which makes the registration record being removed when the subscriber cancels the initial payment.
And I am using the last version 4.6.2. What am I doing wrong ?

9 months 21 hours ago #334666 by krileon
That sounds like it might be a bug as in that case it should delete the user. Have added a bug ticket to investigate.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9228

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn