URL Options

9 months 2 days ago - 9 months 2 days ago #334645 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic URL Options
most excellent, removing the {} worked :)

the only questions remaining... on each renewal, will this same [PLAN_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES] parameter work? meaning will it send the same value that it did on activation via the CBSubs Integrations / URL?

if a user wishes to downgrade from 2 to 1 license for example, will they be able to do that via their user profile like normal? will they have to unsubscribe & resubscribe or are they able to upgrade/downgrade?

can we use ADDITIONALLICENSES for other plans as well being the variable name? or should we create different ones for each plan, such as ADDITIONALLICENSESPLAN1, ADDITIONALLICENSESPLAN2, ADDITIONALLICENSESPLAN3 etc.....

i'm editing this because i've found an issue... if current subscribers are on one of the plans, and we have the [PLAN_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES] sent to our server via CBSubs / integrations / url, it will not pass a value properly. i've even tried setting the "default" value in the Options & i am concerned that any current member's renewal will not work properly because they don't have a [PLAN_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES] value. how can i get a value to be sent via the URL integration for users already subscribed to said plan and renewing? must we create new plans? this seems non-optimal if so.

thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 1 day ago #334655 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic URL Options

the only questions remaining... on each renewal, will this same [PLAN_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES] parameter work? meaning will it send the same value that it did on activation via the CBSubs Integrations / URL?

Yes, option selection is stored in the basket attached to their subscription. The basket will restore the selection during CBSubs substitution handling.

if a user wishes to downgrade from 2 to 1 license for example, will they be able to do that via their user profile like normal? will they have to unsubscribe & resubscribe or are they able to upgrade/downgrade?

Options can only be changed at time of renewal/resubscribe. So if they want to downgrade they'll need to do so at their next renewal.

can we use ADDITIONALLICENSES for other plans as well being the variable name? or should we create different ones for each plan, such as ADDITIONALLICENSESPLAN1, ADDITIONALLICENSESPLAN2, ADDITIONALLICENSESPLAN3 etc.....

It's recommended to use a unique name for each option.

if current subscribers are on one of the plans, and we have the [PLAN_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES] sent to our server via CBSubs / integrations / url, it will not pass a value properly.

It's not passed properly how? You mean for users that don't have a plan option value selected? It should just be empty value in that case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 1 day ago #334657 by wjgadmin

It's not passed properly how? You mean for users that don't have a plan option value selected? It should just be empty value in that case.
Right, so when the http post is sent, the server is expecting a value. In this case, if it's empty, the server will throw an error.

So for 100% current autorecurring subscribers, this wouldn't work unless a value can be sent. This is what I thought the "Default" option was for on the right side just below the "Blank Text" field. Is there a way you have it send the value we put into this Default field IF it is empty?

For example; we input a default value = 1, then any current subscriber's renewal would send this value of 1 via the URL (https post) unless they've chosen an option. In which case it would send their chosen option as it's doing now.

Basically, we'd love to use this feature but we need it to be backwards compatible with current users.

9 months 1 day ago #334662 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic URL Options

So for 100% current autorecurring subscribers, this wouldn't work unless a value can be sent. This is what I thought the "Default" option was for on the right side just below the "Blank Text" field. Is there a way you have it send the value we put into this Default field IF it is empty?

Default is just default selected option. It won't apply to existing users. Note you can use IF substitutions with these as well as they're normal substitution values. So you can check if it's empty. Example as follows.
[cb:if PLAN_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES=""]DEFAULT_HERE[cb:else][PLAN_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES][/cb:else][/cb:if]

That should pass DEFAULT_HERE if PLAN_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES is empty otherwise it passes the result of [PLAN_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 1 day ago #334663 by wjgadmin
I'm on it to test, thank you!

9 months 1 day ago #334667 by wjgadmin
Most excellent, this was the trick :)

One other question, is it possible to send the value across multiple plans? For example, user subscribes to plan1 & later subscribes to plan2.

Could I use the same substitution string in plan1 to pass in plan2?

EX:
When user subscribes to "plan2", pass the data from plan1 as follows?
[PLAN1_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES=""]DEFAULT_HERE[cb:else][PLAN1_OPTS_OPTION_ADDITIONALLICENSES][/cb:else][/cb:if]

I realize this may seem a bit strange, but one of our plans is dependant on the initial plan's amount of licenses so we'd like to be able to pass the initial plan's value into plan2's CBSubs / Integrations / URL so it doesn't change when they purchase plan2.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds