Upgrading "Options"

8 months 3 weeks ago #334737 by wjgadmin
Upgrading "Options" was created by wjgadmin
Hi,
1st, we are loving the new options you've added as it allows us much greater flexibility for our clients.

Question: if there is a lifetime plan (no expiration) and we specify 3 pricing options with different pricing. If the user purchases option 1, and later wants to upgrade to option 2, are they able to do this? If so, are we able to handle the proration?

EX: user buys option 1 ($10), later wants to upgrade to option 2 ($20). Is this possible and would it prorate the option 2 cost to $10 or must we provide them a promo code?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 months 3 weeks ago #334739 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrading "Options"
Options can only be changed at time of renewal or resubscription. So if it's lifetime they may need to cancel then resubscribe with the new options. There isn't a way to add an option to a subscription in the middle of its billing cycle.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 months 3 weeks ago #334741 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Upgrading "Options"
To understand, the options would be to have the user unsubscribe from the lifetime plan, then resubscribe to it; additionally, we would need to provide them with a promo code OR create a code that is automatically applied to that situation?

8 months 3 weeks ago #334744 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrading "Options"
Yes, they would need to unsubscribe since it's a lifetime plan that has no renewal process. As for the promo code I don't know as that'd be up to you. CBSubs Options isn't a solution for every problem. When it comes to lifetime plans AND you need users to be able to change the options at any time it might be better to use multiple plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjgadmin

8 months 3 weeks ago #334745 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Upgrading "Options"
Sounds good, if/when we have that situation occur, we can simply have them unsubscribe & provide them a promo code to change the resubscribe price accordingly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds