CBSubs and Events Booking

5 months 3 weeks ago #335796 by rbuelund
CBSubs and Events Booking was created by rbuelund
I am using Events Booking (JoomDonation) that integrates with the CB user creation. When a user signs up for an event the user is also created as a CB user with correct mapped fields. - so this is working. What I also want is that the user together with it's signup for an event gets a free membership. I have created a plan with first period for free, and the comming periods for a price - but how do I force this plan to be active on the newly registered user ? Is this possible at all ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 3 weeks ago #335797 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs and Events Booking
You'd need a Joomla event specific to that registration process that you could hook into or something in the user object that distinguishes them from regular registrations vs event registrations so you could use CBs normal user registration trigger. You can then just use CB Auto Actions and its CB Paid Subscriptions action to give them a subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 3 weeks ago #335798 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic CBSubs and Events Booking
Hmmm.. could i also accomplish this with a batch action (run by a cron job) activates the membership for a certain user group and only once ?

5 months 3 weeks ago #335799 by krileon
I don't see why you'd need to CRON schedule this. You should be able to just directly act on the users creation process. Does your extension have any triggers for when a user registers? If so that'd be where you'd need to look. I'm not the developer of that extension so I can't really tell you the best trigger to be using here. If they're using CBs API to register a user then you should be able to use CBs triggers as well assuming you've a means of distinguishing their registration from regular registrations (even something as simple as a URL param conditioned against using [get_PARAM]).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 3 weeks ago #335800 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic CBSubs and Events Booking
Ok - yes got it. CBs onAfterUserRegistration worked just fine.

5 months 3 weeks ago #335801 by krileon
That will trigger for normal CB registrations as well so be sure you're conditioning it so it's specific to those event registrations. How you do that will depend a lot on if a specific CB field is being set for those registrations or if there's part of the URL you can extract to condition against.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn