Issues with Paid Subscription, Payment, and Enrollment

2 weeks 2 days ago #338006 by Wortmann
Hello

I'm having big problems with Paid Subscription:

1.    The customer's order process
- Displays an empty shopping cart (see attachment)
- Cancels with an error message after payment (see attachment)
- No mail will be sent to the customer
- No activation link will be sent during registration

2.    In the backend, I see 
- The customer is created
- Registration is not confirmed
- Registration is not enabled
- The user group has not been changed

There seem to be fundamental problems in the communication of PaidSubsription, PayPal and the user administration or community builder. I just can't see where the bugs are and how I can fix them.

Can you help me? Thank you very much.

Regards
Jens.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 weeks 1 day ago #338011 by krileon
It looks like you've a database error causing everything to fail. Probably due to a collation problem. Most likely your database is not correctly setup for UTF-8 and since you're not using English those UTF-8 characters are failing to store causing a database error.

Within CB > Tools run the database check tools and apply any fixes recommended. This includes the "Check Community Builder User Fields Database with strict column types" database fix tool. This will attempt to try and fix the collations for you. If that doesn't work try fixing your tables collations manually by using something like phpmyadmin then under the Operations tab apply the following.

Table options
Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
Change all column collations: CHECKED

Then click the Go button to apply the change. Please be sure you make a backup before doing so. Once done retry a CBSubs purchase and it should work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 weeks 1 day ago #338013 by Wortmann
Hi Krileon, thanks for the quick response.

All CB tools were carried out without complaint.

When operating in phpmyadmin there was an error message: 

In the table '... acymailing_geolocation' it says
#1071 – Key is too long. The maximum key length is 1000

When I look at the structure of my database, almost all tables have the collation utf8mb4_unicode_ci (even the acymailing_geolocation)

Three tables have the collation 'latin1_german2_ci' These are the tables
comprofiler_plugin_blogs
comprofiler_plugin_messages
comprofiler_plugin_messages_read

a few more tables have 'utf8mb3 general_ci', but no cb-tables

Can I manually change the collation in phpmyadmin?

Thank you.

Jens.

2 weeks 1 day ago #338016 by krileon
I can't do anything about acymailing tables error, but the table probably having issues is one of the following. It's not necessarily a table collation problem as it is a column collation problem. So I recommend trying to fix just those 2.

_cbsubs_history
_cbsubs_notifications

I'm working on improve CBs database fixer tool to detect these issues as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 weeks 13 hours ago #338026 by Wortmann
OK, thank you very much. I'll wait patiently then ;)

1 week 6 days ago #338029 by krileon
A new CB build release is now available that does full table collation verification and correction on install of a plugin and in tools checking. So once you update you should be able to run the plugin database tools check in CB > Tools for it to find and fix the collation mismatching issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn