Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Internal Server Error 500

• WebJIVE
  • WebJIVE
11 years 3 weeks ago #226178 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic Internal Server Error 500
Thanks, that put the limit it. The only challenge is if we need to actually block by article in the future, this could present a challenge since there is no way to locate 1 article in 66,000 :)

We worked with Peter from nonumber to implement the max limit then switch to textbox for entering article ID's. Saves tons of time on edits. As joomla sites are getting bigger, this becomes a challenge.

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 3 weeks ago #226179 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Internal Server Error 500
We'll be keeping a lot of this in mind with CB 2.0 were we'll be designing it for massive large scale from the beginning. Right now we kind of have mixed design and usage of new and old. I've added to our CB 2.0 roadmap better scaleability to avoid this in the future. For now we can't really change it as it's deployed large scale now; ideally we want multiselect that auto-populates gradually (this splits large queries up) and has a textarea for filtering. Dropdowns are extremely convenience for users as looking up IDs is a nightmare for the average user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• WebJIVE
  • WebJIVE
11 years 3 weeks ago #226182 by WebJIVE
I can see your point. Also remember that when you hit a site this size, using article ID's is about the only way to go unless you have a dropdown above to select a category to filter out all the rest of the content. What we're finding on sites this large is that customers are so aware of their content and have learned to use a combination of Google (for fontend searches) and the backend filter to find the article ID's. Not very efficient but, Joomla in-itself isn't very good at filtering content on a large scale IMHO. The backend is still geared towards the smaller sites.

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #226185 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Internal Server Error 500
Right, the idea is to have filtering on a multiselect dropdown. So for example I could type part of the articles title and it'd filter down and show me the articles that match, etc.. it'd also need to maintain current selected items when filtering so they're not lost. So it would probably be a fake dropdown and actually be a multicheckbox. Several ways to go about the UI without having to resort to ID delimitered text input as that poses too many issues for the average user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by krileon.

• WebJIVE
  • WebJIVE
11 years 3 weeks ago #226194 by WebJIVE
Excellent idea. I'm seeing that method more and more with extensions. Nice JS dropdown with filtering and checkboxes. Much preferred. Might want to think about building a Joomla backend filtering addon for the article manager from that work (reuse baby!). On a site with 66k articles, it would be VERY welcomend ;)

BTW, the developer plan is the only way to roll now! Love the support and access to goodies. We just revamped the payment system on this massive site with 30k subscribed users and 66k of articles from OSE Membership and JFBConnect to CBSubs and CB Connect. Works terrific and has created a great user experience.

We did find one addon that was a must, BTLogin module which has done a fantastic job at integrating the full CB Login module and when CBConnect is enabled, automatically uses your APIs to set all that up. Brilliant...

With a bit of tweaking, we sped the site up 2fold over the weekend and made it WAY easier for new subscribers of urotoday.com

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon