How to pull out list of all GJ users

10 years 10 months ago #230031 by AlexSmirnov
Replied by AlexSmirnov on topic How to pull out list of all GJ users
I see. May be CB user lists functionality come in handy?

How can we include an obligatory user group selection in the CB registration? And once we do and then create a user list, will the user list items contain users with there corresponding groups or not?

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.
The following user(s) said Thank You: squil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #230051 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to pull out list of all GJ users

May be CB user lists functionality come in handy?

It sounds like a CB Userlist is what you're wanting. You can create one within CB > List Management.

How can we include an obligatory user group selection in the CB registration?

Let them select a Joomla usergroup to join at registration? This is somewhat doable, but it'll take a new CB select field with the usergroups names added to it as values that you want them to be able to select. Then using CB Auto Actions and its Usergroup action you can give them usergroups based off that field on the after registration trigger. We've a tutorial for this exact usage, which you can find below.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18237-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

And once we do and then create a user list, will the user list items contain users with there corresponding groups or not?

You don't need to create the userlists dynamically. Just setup all your userlists in advance within CB > List Management. You select what usergroups this list should display or you can use a CB field to filter the list down to more specific users. When the a user registers and they belong to the userlist that your list is configured to display they'll automatically display. I suggest reviewing your documentation, which you can download in the Advanced downloads section, as it explains userlist usage and more in great detail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: squil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn