[SOLVED] Making merchandise plans have parents that are children

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #232823 by don5420
I am on a time crunch and need some serious help! I would be willing to pay extra if I could talk over the phone or have some priority help in the next 2 days. I NEED this site operational by the 31st of August.

Here are my issues:
1.) I cannot put in quantities for merchandise. I have looked through the forums and see that this was asked for almost 4 years ago. And then another post about 4 months ago said it still wasn't working. I'm of course upset, but that doesn't do any good. So I figured out a workaround.

2.) For the workaround, I figured I would create different packages of the tickets I need to sell and make them not exclusive. This way, if someone checked banquet tickets (for example) then it would show the children (via workflows). The children would be 1 ticket, 2 tickets, 3 tickets, 4 tickets, and 5 tickets. This way customers could purchase different combinations to add up between 1 and 15 tickets.

Issue#1: First of all, the customer first needs to choose a membership plan, then they choose if they are going to the convention (merchandise and easy). If they select the convention, I need it to then give them the option for banquet tickets. I cannot see where this is possible for two reasons. One, I cannot make the tickets a child of a child. Two, I cannot use the convention child in the workflow conditions since it doesn't show up there. (I did figure out that I can make the banquet tickets a child of the membership plan, but this does not indent them and I still can't hide them because of number two above)

Issue#2: Also, I am going to be selling luncheon tickets. I also need this to show up at the same level as the banquet tickets, but again, I cannot create any conditionals since the child plans are not choices in the conditionals.

Issue#3: I cannot make the merchandise plans show up on a different tab. I figured this might be a workaround to the top issue, but it just isn't possible with the conditionals that I can see.

EDIT: Issue#4: I tried to clean up the form by hiding the other two main plans with conditionals, but they do not disappear when I select one of the other plans. What I did was under workflow, I chose "these conditions must be met...", and then under "None of the following plans can also be selected" I chose the other two plans. I would think this would make that plan disappear when I selected either of the other two, but it doesn't work.

The address to my development site area is: develop.cmcstech.com

For some reason you can only get to the registration page by clicking Join Now! from the home page. Since this is a hacked up development area, I don't care about that. All I am concerned about is the look of the registration steps.

EDIT: (It would also be nice to compress the merchandise look so it doesn't take up so much room on the page for each option. Not sure it that is possible since it takes the same look as a plan.)

Thanks for any help!

Donald Anderson
989-621-1492

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #232887 by krileon
I suggest the below configuration.

U.S.A. MEMBERSHIP ONLY
2014 CONVENTION
- ONE BANQUET TICKET
- TWO BANQUET TICKET
- THREE BANQUET TICKET
- FOUR BANQUET TICKET
- FIVE BANQUET TICKET
- ONE LUNCHEON TICKET
- TWO LUNCHEON TICKET
- THREE LUNCHEON TICKET
- FOUR LUNCHEON TICKET
- FIVE LUNCHEON TICKET

Add a conditional to "2014 CONVENTION" to only show if "U.S.A. MEMBERSHIP ONLY" is selected.

I'm not sure why the child plans won't dynamically condition though. You do appear to have a fatal JS error present as follows that perhaps could be breaking it.

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object global] has no method 'addEvent'

Looks to be coming from something called "s5_register".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago #232893 by don5420
First: The problem with your suggestion is that it will put the 2014 Convention below all of the other plans. This makes it difficult for the customer to know that there are more options. If I could make the other plans disappear when any of the other plans show up, that would be great. Unfortunately, your software isn't working properly for that condition.

Second (and more important): It isn't that the condition isn't working for the child plans, it is that IT ISN'T EVEN A CHOICE IN THE BACKEND! Your software is broken in both aspects listed above.

Also, I had 6 different points I brought up in my initial post and you pretty much ignored most of them. Not to mention that you either misread or ignored the part about how the child plans are not a choice in the backend. I did a lot of research and reading about CB and CB Subs before I decided to use it. There were a lot of people who were ecstatic about your support. So far I am not impressed. I thought developer plans were supposed to get priority support and faster response times!

I can give you access to the backend if that helps.

Please, respond ASAP! As I stated in the beginning, I must have this working within 2 days!

10 years 7 months ago #232924 by krileon

First: The problem with your suggestion is that it will put the 2014 Convention below all of the other plans. This makes it difficult for the customer to know that there are more options. If I could make the other plans disappear when any of the other plans show up, that would be great. Unfortunately, your software isn't working properly for that condition.

You can condition your other parent plans to hide by editing them and on the Workflows tab set them to display only if your other plans are not already selected. So you'd have the below for example.

U.S.A. MEMBERSHIP ONLY (hide if any other parent selected)
2014 CONVENTION (show if parent "U.S.A. MEMBERSHIP ONLY" selected)
- ONE BANQUET TICKET
- TWO BANQUET TICKET
- THREE BANQUET TICKET
- FOUR BANQUET TICKET
- FIVE BANQUET TICKET
- ONE LUNCHEON TICKET
- TWO LUNCHEON TICKET
- THREE LUNCHEON TICKET
- FOUR LUNCHEON TICKET
- FIVE LUNCHEON TICKET
CANADIAN MEMBERSHIP ONLY (hide if any other parent selected)
INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP (hide if any other parent selected)

The above would give you 2 plan display when selecting the "U.S.A. MEMBERSHIP ONLY".

Second (and more important): It isn't that the condition isn't working for the child plans, it is that IT ISN'T EVEN A CHOICE IN THE BACKEND! Your software is broken in both aspects listed above.

I am seeing the dynamic and static conditional parameters perfectly fine on subscription and merchandise plans that are either parent or child plans on their respective Workflows tabs. You should be able to configure conditionals for them perfectly fine. Directly below "Hides fields at registration:" on the Workflows tab you should see "Dynamic Conditions on other plans and CB Fields to show this plan and to allow subscribing to it".

Also, I had 6 different points I brought up in my initial post and you pretty much ignored most of them. Not to mention that you either misread or ignored the part about how the child plans are not a choice in the backend. I did a lot of research and reading about CB and CB Subs before I decided to use it. There were a lot of people who were ecstatic about your support. So far I am not impressed.

I didn't reply to each issue bullet, because they're all basically the same thing. Getting your convention tickets display and behavior working as desired. I replied with my suggested setup in the best way to accomplish this as you can not have child plans of child plans, which ideally would be what you'd use in this situation.

I thought developer plans were supposed to get priority support and faster response times!

They do, I replied to your topic in less than 24 hours. I'm not sure what the issue is in this regard. Please see my signature for business days and hours. I am not here 24/7 and we do not have 24/7 support.

I can help configure your plans to conditionally show/hide if you like, but for the remainder of the display issues that'd require custom CSS to style the child ticket plans however you'd like. If you're ok with my above suggestion you can PM backend super administrator login credentials and will configure it as suggested.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago #232974 by krileon
The reason the child conditionals are not displaying is because your plans are Merchandise plans. Merchandise plans don't have states. So you can't condition if they active, expired, etc... This shouldn't have any affect on dynamic conditionals though as they don't care about plan state, but only if they're selected or not. I've created a bug ticket to investigate and fix.

As you're on CBSubs 3.x and it's not closed source please afford me some time to investigate. If the fix isn't too complex will be able to provide you with a quickfix to solve the conditional usage issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 years 7 months ago #232976 by krileon
Ok, have reviewed source and the below resolves the issue of merchandise/donation plans not showing up for dynamic conditions. I've confirmed it works for show/hiding plans based off a merchandise plan being selected or not.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/xml/views/library/view.editgenericproduct.xml
ON: Lines 216 - 217
										<param name="reg_conds_plans_required"     type="list_sql" table="#__cbsubs_plans" key="id" order="ordering" filterkey="item_type" filtervalue="usersubscription" title="alias" multiple="true" default="" blanktext="--- None is needed ---" hideblanktext="false" label="Any of the following plans must also be selected"    description="Select the plans that must be subscribed same time for this condition to apply (CTR/CMD-click: multiple)." />
										<param name="reg_conds_plans_not_required" type="list_sql" table="#__cbsubs_plans" key="id" order="ordering" filterkey="item_type" filtervalue="usersubscription" title="alias" multiple="true" default="" blanktext="--- None is not allowed ---" hideblanktext="false" label="None of the following plans can also be selected"    description="Select the plans that cannot be subscribed same time for this condition to apply (CTR/CMD-click: multiple)." />
TO:
										<param name="reg_conds_plans_required"     type="list_sql" table="#__cbsubs_plans" key="id" order="ordering" title="alias" multiple="true" default="" blanktext="--- None is needed ---" hideblanktext="false" label="Any of the following plans must also be selected"    description="Select the plans that must be subscribed same time for this condition to apply (CTR/CMD-click: multiple)." />
										<param name="reg_conds_plans_not_required" type="list_sql" table="#__cbsubs_plans" key="id" order="ordering" title="alias" multiple="true" default="" blanktext="--- None is not allowed ---" hideblanktext="false" label="None of the following plans can also be selected"    description="Select the plans that cannot be subscribed same time for this condition to apply (CTR/CMD-click: multiple)." />
ON: Lines 391 - 392
FORM:
										<param name="upgrade_conds_plans_required"     type="list_sql" table="#__cbsubs_plans" key="id" order="ordering" filterkey="item_type" filtervalue="usersubscription" title="alias" multiple="true" default="" blanktext="--- None is needed ---" hideblanktext="false" label="Any of the following plans must also be selected"    description="Select the plans that must be subscribed same time for this condition to apply (CTR/CMD-click: multiple)." />
										<param name="upgrade_conds_plans_disallowing" type="list_sql" table="#__cbsubs_plans" key="id" order="ordering" filterkey="item_type" filtervalue="usersubscription" title="alias" multiple="true" default="" blanktext="--- None is disallowing ---" hideblanktext="false" label="None of the following plans can also be selected"    description="Select the plans that cannot be subscribed same time for this condition to apply (CTR/CMD-click: multiple)." />
TO:
										<param name="upgrade_conds_plans_required"     type="list_sql" table="#__cbsubs_plans" key="id" order="ordering" title="alias" multiple="true" default="" blanktext="--- None is needed ---" hideblanktext="false" label="Any of the following plans must also be selected"    description="Select the plans that must be subscribed same time for this condition to apply (CTR/CMD-click: multiple)." />
										<param name="upgrade_conds_plans_disallowing" type="list_sql" table="#__cbsubs_plans" key="id" order="ordering" title="alias" multiple="true" default="" blanktext="--- None is disallowing ---" hideblanktext="false" label="None of the following plans can also be selected"    description="Select the plans that cannot be subscribed same time for this condition to apply (CTR/CMD-click: multiple)." />

You should now be able to select your merchandise plans for dynamic conditioning on registration or upgrades so you can have the desired tiered display. Aside from this I'm not sure what more to advise other than using my previous configuration proposal.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn