[SOLVED] Making merchandise plans have parents that are children

10 years 7 months ago #232977 by don5420
What does the #4198 refer to?

Also, does your second paragraph about CBSubs 3.x refer to? Are you referring to the child conditionals? Or are you referring to my second issue of not being able to hide other main plans when another is selected?

Right now it would be wonderful if I could hide the two other plans when one of the others is chosen. But it doesn't work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #232978 by don5420
What about having children of children? In other words, have a child plan be the parent of another plan? Is that just not possible or is that what the code you provided fixes?

I am going to implement the code right now, so I will see for myself, but just in case it doesn't fix that, I wanted to ask that question while you were looking into everything.

10 years 7 months ago #232981 by krileon

What does the #4198 refer to?

It's an internal bug ticket number so we can track this topic internally.

Also, does your second paragraph about CBSubs 3.x refer to? Are you referring to the child conditionals? Or are you referring to my second issue of not being able to hide other main plans when another is selected?

Your first issue of child conditionals. I've already addressed your second issue and believe it to be a symptom of your fatal JS error I've provided earlier.

Right now it would be wonderful if I could hide the two other plans when one of the others is chosen. But it doesn't work.

This is probably because of your fatal JS error as mentioned earlier. Once the fatal JS error is resolved it should work fine. Please see my first reply as I've provided what I suspect is the cause.

What about having children of children? In other words, have a child plan be the parent of another plan? Is that just not possible or is that what the code you provided fixes?

No, that's not possible. It's not implemented even in the slightest so I can't quickfix such a major feature in.

I am going to implement the code right now, so I will see for myself, but just in case it doesn't fix that, I wanted to ask that question while you were looking into everything.

The quickfix will allow you to have dynamic conditionals based off a merchandise plan being selected or not. Previously you could not select your merchandise plans for dynamic conditioning. After applying the quickfix you will be able to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #232987 by don5420
First, Thanks for your help so far! Fixing the child dynamic conditions is a big step. But, to save me from having to create 22 more of the same 11 merchandises, I need to be able to hide the other two main plans.

EDIT: I have looked through the modules, and I don't see any called s5_register. Would you mind looking briefly?

It is called just plain "register" and is a module, but it is disabled. Not sure why this is a problem since it is disabled. Any ideas?

Also, how are you seeing that JS fatal error? Are you using firebug? I can't get anything to display the error.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #232989 by krileon
I am using Chrome and can see the error as follows.

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object global] has no method 'addEvent' 

The JS doing this is as follows.

window.addEvent('domready', function() {

function s5_register_url() {

window.location = "http://REMOVED/index.php/component/comprofiler/registers";

}

if (document.getElementById("s5_register")) {

document.getElementById("s5_register").className = "";

document.getElementById("s5_register").onclick = s5_register_url;

if (document.getElementById("s5_register").href) {

document.getElementById("s5_register").href = "javascript:;";

}

}

});

I've no idea where it's coming from as it's being directly added to the DOM as inline JS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago #232990 by krileon
Aha, looks like not selected is bugged. Am investigating and will see if I can find a fix to the JS.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn