Renewals creating incorrect expiration date

10 years 3 months ago #239280 by LukeDouglas
Replied by LukeDouglas on topic Renewals creating incorrect expiration date
Kyle,

As I only have access to the cPanel and have not made any changes to the database, we can eliminate that as a potential problem. We have checked with the two individuals who have access and neither one of them have modified a subscription record.

Here is a subscription for Pamela Farmer who signed up on 12/03/2013. She paid on that date yet it renewed the subscription on 12/31/2013 whereas we would expect it to renew on 01/03/2014.

Also, in looking at Pamela's current / past subscriptions from their record, it shows the Monthly Plan with 1 month Active, expiring on 2014-09-03.

And it shows the recurrings used as 9 and the same expiration date 2014-09-03 here.

Here is the Monthly subscription plan pricing tab screenshot:

As far as I can see, it is setup correctly.

I would expect that if they had subscribed on 2013-12-03 that on 2014-01-03, they would have been charged by Authorize.net, the payment to be recorded on their payments record on CBSubs, and their recurrings to be incremented 'one' time from '0' to '1' for the 1st time and that the expiration date would have been extended to 2013-02-03. This did not happen.

This problem has my client real jittery right now as they are fast losing faith in the stability of the CBSubs application. Somewhere the system is generating multiple recurrings and extending the expiration date further out than it is suppose to be extended.

We need help in resolving this issue quickly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239302 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Renewals creating incorrect expiration date
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #239335 by LukeDouglas
PM sent!

10 years 3 months ago #239339 by krileon
None of your subscriptions are "auto recurring with notifications". This means your gateway is likely configured incorrectly. In addition to that you have dozens of "ARB-Silent: ARB silent post Hash check failed" notifications within CBSubs > Notifications informing you exactly what the problem is. Authorize.net will retry a few times until it's successful or after a few it gives up.

Please edit your gateway within CBSubs > Gateways and correct the information. Please review the CBSubs documentation very carefully as it will walk you through Authorize.net configuration.

Those notifications, oddly, are renewing the subscription but they shouldn't. We'll be investigating and fixing the gateway for next release to make sure it won't do that if determined in review it's causing the renewal.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #239349 by LukeDouglas
Kyle,

I've double-checked the Authorize.net gateway settings and compared to the settings on Authorize.net. The API login id matches, the transaction key matches with the original settings, the MD5 Hash 'should' match as I recopied it over to Authorize.net, the Silent Post URL matches and the CBSubs settings is 'set at Authorize.net'.

As far as 'auto recurring with notifications', you are correct as they are 'Autorecurring without notifications'. As I previously had the Silent Post URL settings NOT set as 'set at Authorize.net', is this the reason why these are listed as 'auto recurring without notifications'? I checked the Plans / Pricing and the Auto-renewals with auto-recurring payments was set to 'Yes: subscribe user to automatic recurring payments'. There were no options for setting it for 'with notifications' or 'without notifications'. Is there a place for this or is it determined by the settings for the Silent Post URL?

10 years 3 months ago #239351 by krileon
You can modify a subscription within CBSubs > Subscriptions then click the # under the ID column. If you should have any further issues with new subscriptions now that configuration is corrected please let us know. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about the incorrect ones now except manually correcting their renewals and dates by editing them manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn