[SOLVED] Problems with IPN on Sandbox PayPal gatewey

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241632 by rorshack
Hi,
I'm working with CBSubs 3.0 and CB 1.9.1. I have two subscription plans: 1 is for free lifetime subscription and the other has a one year validity for a small price. The gateway that I'm using is PayPal Sandbox and the problem is that CBSubs doesn't seem to understand the IPN that is returning from the sandbox gateway.
In the front-end, once the payment is completed and the user returns on my website, he gets a simple error "INVALID", nothing else.
In the back-end, instead, in the notifications area CBSubs registers an error. It says:
"IPN notification not authenticating at payment gateway"
I can't understand what's wrong!
Maybe the problem is the paypal certificate, which I did not install because I don't think I need it as long as I'm not using encrypted payments and I'm using a plain-text form.

PS: The OpenSSL module is installed and running.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241651 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with IPN on Sandbox PayPal gatewey
You don't need the PayPal certificate. It sounds like the sandbox business account is not configured properly. You need to login to the sandbox business account and configure according to the CBSubs documentation the same way you would for a live site (should be same interface, etc..). Example configuration as follows.

PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID): Merchant ID provided after saving "Website preferences"

PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account): The email address of the business sandbox account

Your PayPal Identity Token: Token provided after adjusting "Payment Data Transfer" in "Website preferences"

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rorshack

10 years 2 months ago #241741 by rorshack
Replied by rorshack on topic Problems with IPN on Sandbox PayPal gatewey
Ok there must be some problems with the configuration of my sandbox business account. I also have a premiere sandbox account and if I configure CBSubs in order to receive payments on the premiere account, it all works wonderfully.
I would like to ask you another question:
Is there a way to make CBSubs confirm the payments automatically or I always need to confirm them manually, by going into the back-end in the basket area?

Thanks!

10 years 2 months ago #241744 by rorshack
.... and I noticed that the cbsubs module doesn't work! In the front-end it doesn't show anything! :S

10 years 2 months ago #241748 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with IPN on Sandbox PayPal gatewey

Is there a way to make CBSubs confirm the payments automatically or I always need to confirm them manually, by going into the back-end in the basket area?

You should never have to confirm payments. CBSubs always automatically handles the payments if your PayPal account is configured properly with IPNs. See your CBSubs documentation as it describes in detail the CBSubs configuration.

Only the Offline gateway requires manual payment confirmation by paying the basket.

.... and I noticed that the cbsubs module doesn't work! In the front-end it doesn't show anything!

The module is bugged. Please see the below topic for a quickfix.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/222207-solved-warning-seterrorhandler-expects-the-argument--to-be-a-valid-callback#231733

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #241755 by rorshack
I read the topic, done the quickfix but still no result. Any other suggestion? :dry:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn