CBSubs Family Subscriptions

9 years 4 months ago #254643 by dg1982
CBSubs Family Subscriptions was created by dg1982
Running a site for a club. Members can join as individuals or as family. But, sometimes husband and wife both want login for the site. Only one needs to pay.

Right now i have two user groups - Registered and Member. CBSubs automatically moves the payer into the Member group when the subscription is active. I am manually creating subscriptions for free for family members with the same expiration date as the payer. Would like to automate this. Have CB Developer license so I have all the conditional, auto action, etc. plugins.

Best way to do this IMO would have a field where the payer could designate one other registered user as a member. But I need a way to remove that other user from the member group if the payer's subscription lapses.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254653 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Family Subscriptions
Please see the below tutorial for current proposal of family plan subscriptions.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18405-family-plan-membership-part-1

CBSubs doesn't currently support what you're wanting so you've to use a few workaround usages for it. There's a couple ways of doing this with the tutorial being one of the many ways.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dg1982

9 years 4 months ago #254679 by dg1982
Replied by dg1982 on topic CBSubs Family Subscriptions
Thanks this looks pretty great. Two questions I've run into so far:

Under Family Plan Integration Tab CB Fields, it says set a field to null. Do I just leave it blank?
Further down, the SQL Actions are laid out... It appears this functionality is replaced with AutoActions?

I found this post of yours from a while back www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/226528-cb-subs-sql-auto-actions-unique-event-discount-code-and-auto-discount-code-generation-in-dt-register#249687

Assuming those examples are good for Activation and Deactivation triggers, what are the triggers for renewal and expiration?

Thanks!

9 years 4 months ago #254716 by krileon

Under Family Plan Integration Tab CB Fields, it says set a field to null. Do I just leave it blank?

Yes.

Further down, the SQL Actions are laid out... It appears this functionality is replaced with AutoActions?

No, those are CBSubs SQL Actions. That's a CBSubs integration that lets you execute SQL queries on various plan state changes. You could use CB Auto Actions for these of course, but you'd need to setup the conditionals and such for it.

Assuming those examples are good for Activation and Deactivation triggers, what are the triggers for renewal and expiration?

Activation and Deactivation triggers handle both those cases already.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254726 by dg1982
Replied by dg1982 on topic CBSubs Family Subscriptions
Unfortunately within the Plan Integration tab I only appear to have CB Fields, Content, and Extensions... is it an extra download?

9 years 4 months ago #254744 by krileon
CBSubs SQL Actions is included with your CBSubs package. You may have just not installed it. Download CBSubs, unzip it, and you should find it there.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn