[SOLVED] Unsubscribe from Plan A if upgraded to Plan B

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256355 by mctrading
Is it possible to unsubscribe an user from Plan A if he is uprading to Plan B.
Both Plans are parents.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256378 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unsubscribe from Plan A if upgraded to Plan B
Probably the only way to do this is with CB Auto Actions. CBSubs it self doesn't have any features to do this. You could set both plans to exclusive, have the user unsubscribe from Plan A, they then will have the option to subscribe to Plan B. It could be pretty dangerous to auto-unsubscribe from Plan A as they may not expect that behavior and will result in lost time and money for that user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256380 by mctrading
Replied by mctrading on topic Unsubscribe from Plan A if upgraded to Plan B
yes i have tried to set both to exclusive but:

plan A is free lifetime for normal members (no upgrades possible)
plan B is payed for one year

after plan B is expired the user is back on plan A
so he have not to renew plan B
i like the way that he have to renew Plan B and is not back on plan A

i thought if i choose "no upgrade" for plan A i will not have these fall back
but it is not working

so maybe i try it with auto actions with deleting the free plan after upgrading to plan B ?

9 years 3 months ago #256382 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unsubscribe from Plan A if upgraded to Plan B
If both are parent plans and both are marked exclusive then there should be no fallback. You can't subscribe to 2 top level exclusive plans at the same time. Ensure free lifetime plans are set to create subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256385 by mctrading
"Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans" is set to yes
and plan A and B are set both to exclusiv but i have the fallback to plan A after plan B expired

i will have an look again

9 years 3 months ago #256398 by mctrading
i tried again:

choosed parent plan A which is exclusiv in registration
upgraded to parent plan B which is exclusiv after login
now plan A is shown as upgraded to higher plan
then i also subscribed to parent plan C and D (which are not exclusiv)
then plan B expired
and fallback to active Plan A
(maybe because plan A is also lifetime?)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.725 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn