RE: GroupJive

9 years 3 months ago #257817 by Fuquan
RE: GroupJive was created by Fuquan
Dear Customer Service,

I should appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of "where" I could find useful setup information for GroupJive as the manual that comes with the application is very scanty and not really informative.

I have checked also on YouTube (as Nick has some excellent videos for CB itself) but it seems there is really nothing besides promotional info.

Thus if you have something a bit more detailed or have a video that is qualitative like the one Nick has been putting out on CB (sad he has not done some on GroupJive) then could someone point me to such material as one would like to get GroupJive up on a test environment and see how one can best fit it into our particular use case scenario with minimum time wasting "searching" for useful setup information.

Thanks
Fuquan
P/S Accidentally pasted this in to the "Contact Us" form before I realized it is prefered to use the Forum

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257819 by nant
Replied by nant on topic RE: GroupJive

Fuquan wrote: Dear Customer Service,

I should appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of "where" I could find useful setup information for GroupJive as the manual that comes with the application is very scanty and not really informative.

The CB GroupJive documentation available is basically an installation guide.

But each backend GroupJive area parameters have built-in tooltips that should guide you.

If you have some specific question regarding one or more of these items please ask and we will help.

I have checked also on YouTube (as Nick has some excellent videos for CB itself) but it seems there is really nothing besides promotional info.

Wow - I thought that the videos were much more than promotional info providing :-(

Thus if you have something a bit more detailed or have a video that is qualitative like the one Nick has been putting out on CB (sad he has not done some on GroupJive) then could someone point me to such material as one would like to get GroupJive up on a test environment and see how one can best fit it into our particular use case scenario with minimum time wasting "searching" for useful setup information.

Yup, once CB GroupJive is upgraded for CB 2.0, I will be starting a video series on Groupjive.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257866 by Fuquan
Replied by Fuquan on topic RE: GroupJive
Dear Nick,

Thanks for your prompt feedback. I just noticed you mentioned that (I quote) "....Yup, once CB GroupJive is upgraded for CB 2.0, I will be starting a video series on Groupjive." does that explain why having installed GroupJive when I go to the Plugin Manager it is red in color and the popup hover message says (I quote) "....This plugin is not compatible with your CB version?...". Though with the "Red" color and the message it still shows up on the profile page and Joomla still works as normal.

Just in the past hour I attempted to install CB Subs 3.0: I have three test machines up and each one has an instance of versions CB 2.0.3 - CB 2.0.4 and CB 2.0.5 and all three are showing the same incompatibility message similar to GroupJive does in plugin Manager.

Sadly CB Subs is a bit more problematic as I attempted to install CB Subs 300 version but that also has the same problem all plugins showing in red and preventing the home page from showing at all. Is it possible that someone explain to me why this is as I will soon need to get CB subs (and GroupJive) configured and ready for testing. I have also downloaded the CB Subs 4.0 but I have not installed that as of yet to save me time may I ask is this version (4) compatible with the versions of CB that I have installed?

To Update This Entry: I have, late last night, tried installing CB Subs Version 4.0 and that installed (only the items I feel are relevant to my case from the 41 total items in the package that I downloaded) with no problems so all is good there!

However, this morning as I am going through the CB Subs manual it seems being a 2.0 manual the new version has changed slightly as on page 140 it mentions some additions to the User Manager where there is supposed to be an extra drop-down filter and an additional column but those are not visible in my installation.

In the meantime (as time is valuable in my case) I shall continue and shall highlight any further discrepancies in the 3.0 Manual in relation to the installed version 4.0 package in the event that probably the differences are intended by the developers.

Thanks and do have a pleasant day!
Fuquan

9 years 3 months ago #257878 by nant
Replied by nant on topic RE: GroupJive

Fuquan wrote: Dear Nick,

Thanks for your prompt feedback. I just noticed you mentioned that (I quote) "....Yup, once CB GroupJive is upgraded for CB 2.0, I will be starting a video series on Groupjive." does that explain why having installed GroupJive when I go to the Plugin Manager it is red in color and the popup hover message says (I quote) "....This plugin is not compatible with your CB version?...". Though with the "Red" color and the message it still shows up on the profile page and Joomla still works as normal.

This article is useful for CB 2.0 compatible add-ons:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

It also has quick download links for you.

CB GroupJive will be rewritten by Kyle (he is currently working on CB Gallery), but the current version mostly works ok (this is one patch on the forums) so you should be able to start with existing version and upgrade when new addon version is released.

Just in the past hour I attempted to install CB Subs 3.0: I have three test machines up and each one has an instance of versions CB 2.0.3 - CB 2.0.4 and CB 2.0.5 and all three are showing the same incompatibility message similar to GroupJive does in plugin Manager.

Yup, as noted in the CB 20 compatibility article CBSubs 4.0 RC is the compatible version you should be using for CB 2.0+ (there are also nightly releases for CBSubs that you should use).

Sadly CB Subs is a bit more problematic as I attempted to install CB Subs 300 version but that also has the same problem all plugins showing in red and preventing the home page from showing at all. Is it possible that someone explain to me why this is as I will soon need to get CB subs (and GroupJive) configured and ready for testing. I have also downloaded the CB Subs 4.0 but I have not installed that as of yet to save me time may I ask is this version (4) compatible with the versions of CB that I have installed?

Thanks and do have a pleasant day!
Fuquan

Yes CBSubs 4.0 RC Nightly release should work ok with CB 2.0.5.

9 years 3 months ago #257887 by technogrid
Replied by technogrid on topic RE: GroupJive
I'm trying to use GroupJive on CB 2.0.4 (J3.3.6) but nothing seems to work.

In backend on the first plugin screen the display is ok, then when i try to add new category the display is like this:

i don't know if it's normal since i've read that the plugin should work with 2.0.4, or i missunderstood you?

If it should work, on frontpage i see nothing:

Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257889 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic RE: GroupJive
CB GroupJive has not been upgraded for CB 2.x. So its styling in the backend is a bit broken right now. This will be fixed in its upgrade, but for now it looks pretty bad unfortunately. Frontend should look fine though.

As for your overview page not showing any categories ensure you've published the CB GroupJive plugin within CB > Plugin Management. If already published then please check within CB GroupJive > Configuration > Categories > General and ensure "Hide Empty" is set to "Disable" as if your category is empty it'll be hidden due to that feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: technogrid

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds