RE: Follow on from my last forum Entry as Things with CBSubs 40 just seem to get weird!

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #258037 by Fuquan
Dear Customer Service,

I could do with some help especially as the user manual available/referred to by yourselves for guidance with CBSubs 4.0 Rc is really not of much use when it comes to setup as version 4.0 is different and getting it to work after installing the files is a challenge in its current form.

Firstly, I have supplied four attachments to show an odd observation. I have two instances of Joomla and CB configured the exact same after installing the CBSubs packages (exactly the same on both instances) I get the scenario in the attachments: Exhibits A (1&2) are what is from one instance and Exhibit B (1&2) are what is from the second instance. Now observe that in Exhibit B the "Sign Up" is gone and there is also no subscription form showing.

In Exhibits A's case I was not able to properly create a PLAN as each time I tried toclick on a plan to select one CBSubs would suddenly go into a redirect of some sort and end up giving me a full BLUE screen with all Menus arranged in a column style on the left hand side of the page. The only way to get back to a working page is for me to use the "Back Arrow". This only happens when I click on CB Paid Subscriptions Plans and then select the option to choose a plan. I tried creating a plan a few times and got the same result each time. However as you can see from Exhibit A2 it has somehow ended up creating "Something" (though I have no clue what that is) and ironically it actually displays on the front end in what should be a correct manner as seen on Exhibit A1.

However, in the case of Exhibit B: CBSubs actually allows me to CREATE plans without having the sudden page redirect when I attempt to "choose" a plan. But unfortunately, as can be seen from Exhibit B2: No plan actually shows up on the front-end even though a plan is created in the back-end.

Also, a few other immediate observations: To even get the additional admin Menu (the drop down) one still has to install resort back to version 3.0 files to get the mod_cb-adminnav as non seems to provided with the 4.0 files. This is a little neat model as it helps makes navigation quicker. Thus, it would be nice to have one for version 4.0.

Furthermore could someone explain to me the use of the 'mod_cbsubscriptions-4.0.0-rc.1' file as when installed it litters the page with php errors and no module shows up (as described in my earlier entry).

Version 4.0 Rc is proving to be a handful in its present stage and it would be helpful if the developers could tell us when they feel a proper working version will be ready? (or provide some step by step guidance as to what can actually be done currently with 4.0 rc1)

That way one can be better positioned to make well-informed decisions such as if need be even try and see if going backwards to CB 1.9 may be a more prudent/productive work-around right now as 'time' is of the essence on most things (Same apply's for GroupJive do you know when you may have a working version ready as these two things are the main attractions with many customers on desiring to incorporate CB into their workflow).

Thanks
Fuquan

11:47: maybe this may help the developers on this case:
I just deleted all the extra plugins leaving only the CB Paid Subscriptions plugin and now I get the Subscription Form with the plan showing up on the Front-end of Exhibit 2 in my earlier attachments. It seems like much of the compatibility issues are caused by the extra plugins: Though it is quite a bit of a time consuming process I will try and install each extra plugin one by one and cross check and hopefully one will establish which plugins are currently causing these compatibility issues hopefully then your developers can figure out what to do with those plugins. That said if there is anything the end user should be aware of with 4.0 it would still be helpful if we were informed about it rather than stumbling on them so we save time.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #258093 by krileon
The round display looks funky due to a conflict with Bootstrap 3 (specially box-sizing CSS style). This will be fixed in a later release. Right now we've more pressing issues that are causing problems in CBSubs. It's also not designed for a dark themed site like you're using. Basically it was designed for JP specifically; users requested it, so we released it. However, it'll be updated to use Bootstrap Panel styling to allow for better cross browser rounded displays.

You need to select the type of plan you're creating. The page will reload with the appropriate fields based off the type you selected. You're not supposed to save while on the type selection, but it's not going to stop you.

Version 4.0 Rc is proving to be a handful in its present stage and it would be helpful if the developers could tell us when they feel a proper working version will be ready? (or provide some step by step guidance as to what can actually be done currently with 4.0 rc1)

Beat is working very hard on CBSubs 4.x stable release. He's pushed through the weekend and is working as quickly as he can. It'll be done when it's done. We'll make a news article and newsletter to accompany the release. When possible we'll push new nightly releases which you can find below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/671-cbsubs-gpl-nightly-build

That way one can be better positioned to make well-informed decisions such as if need be even try and see if going backwards to CB 1.9 may be a more prudent/productive work-around right now as 'time' is of the essence on most things (Same apply's for GroupJive do you know when you may have a working version ready as these two things are the main attractions with many customers on desiring to incorporate CB into their workflow).

I will be upgrading GJ last. As it stands now it works fine with the fixed Events integration found below. The major issue being its backend is ugly as it's not using our new XML backend at this time. Currently I am rewriting CB ProfileGallery to CB Gallery (photo, video, file, and music galleries with album/folder support), next will be CB Activity upgrade, then finally GJ rewrite.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/227366-groupjive-event-date-problem#253480

11:47: maybe this may help the developers on this case:
I just deleted all the extra plugins leaving only the CB Paid Subscriptions plugin and now I get the Subscription Form with the plan showing up on the Front-end of Exhibit 2 in my earlier attachments. It seems like much of the compatibility issues are caused by the extra plugins: Though it is quite a bit of a time consuming process I will try and install each extra plugin one by one and cross check and hopefully one will establish which plugins are currently causing these compatibility issues hopefully then your developers can figure out what to do with those plugins. That said if there is anything the end user should be aware of with 4.0 it would still be helpful if we were informed about it rather than stumbling on them so we save time

Some of the CBSubs plugins are deprecated. Specifically CBSubs DOCman and CBSubs Virtuemart. Both can be uninstalled and in a later CBSubs release will be removed from the package. Both will cause issues depending on your install and are no longer needed if using newer DOCman and Virtuemart extensions. If you find any other issues caused by CBSubs integrations please let us know.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fuquan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn