[SOLVED] K2 Integration Issues

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259054 by bins
[SOLVED] K2 Integration Issues was created by bins
I have setup the blog plugin to refer to K2, however, I now have have tabs for both K2 & Joomla articles appear, when I only want K2. How do I remove the Joomla articles?

Also, how can I manage the contributor profile in CB, which is the standard Joomla profile?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #259055 by nant
Replied by nant on topic K2 Integration Issues

bins wrote: I have setup the blog plugin to refer to K2, however, I now have have tabs for both K2 & Joomla articles appear, when I only want K2. How do I remove the Joomla articles?

There are 2 different plugins (and there relevant tabs).

The CB Blogs plugin and tab
The CB Articles plugin and tab

you are free to configure both of them as you want or unpublish either.

Also, how can I manage the contributor profile in CB, which is the standard Joomla profile?

No idea what you mean by this - is this a K2 feature?
If yes, then it should be directed to the K2 team.

9 years 3 months ago #259057 by bins
Replied by bins on topic K2 Integration Issues
Nick,
what is the difference between the 2?

Re the profile, when you write a K2 article, you can have your picture and some profile copy/user details appear after the blog. This copy appears to be the standard Joomla user 'Personal Details' field.

I would have thought that this (or similar) might be a standard inclusion for CB and maybe I have missed it!

9 years 3 months ago #259058 by nant
Replied by nant on topic K2 Integration Issues

bins wrote: Nick,
what is the difference between the 2?

Both are configurable to display content from either K2 or Joomla.

The CB Articles plugin does not have method to create an article from it - you need to use Joomla article menu links.

Re the profile, when you write a K2 article, you can have your picture and some profile copy/user details appear after the blog. This copy appears to be the standard Joomla user 'Personal Details' field.

I would have thought that this (or similar) might be a standard inclusion for CB and maybe I have missed it!

This is built-in K2 integration with Joomla.
Any similar built-in integration for CB must happen from the K2 end of things.

9 years 3 months ago #259059 by bins
Replied by bins on topic K2 Integration Issues
thanks for the clarification - one is read only, the other is read/create!

Re the profile, let me ask another way:
- from CB, can I edit my Joomla profile/personal details?
- Also, can I display these details in my CB profile (or is there a CB alternative?)

9 years 3 months ago #259073 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic K2 Integration Issues
K2 can be configured to integrate with CB so K2 displays CB data instead of Joomla data.

- from CB, can I edit my Joomla profile/personal details?

You could push CB field data to Joomla profile fields using CB Auto Actions and its Query action.

- Also, can I display these details in my CB profile (or is there a CB alternative?)

You could query for them using CB Query Field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.154 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn