Auto actions

8 years 9 months ago #267092 by marketsetc
Replied by marketsetc on topic Auto actions
Errr, nope. Did not work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #267096 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto actions
Where are you testing this? It will not work in backend. The reason is user store in backend happens after the state change, which results in the usergroup change being reverted. Same will happen if you use a Field action. You need to be running your tests with frontend. For backend just directly select the usergroup during user edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #267097 by marketsetc
This is happening with new users created on the front end.

8 years 9 months ago #267098 by krileon
Works perfectly fine in all my tests. There has to be a configuration issue or conflict somewhere then. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #267100 by marketsetc
Sent. It is hard to believe this would be a bug. It might be that I am asking the wrong thing,

Upon subscription I have users go into one of 4 different usergroups and then I'd like to see the registered usergroup removed.

8 years 9 months ago #267103 by krileon
You have both CBSubs and CB Auto Actions trying to change a users usergroup on subscription state change. They're conflicting with one another. CBSubs usergroup change is happening after CB Auto Actions resulting in CB Auto Actions appearing as if it's doing nothing.

You need to let CBSubs control usergroups or CB Auto Actions instead of trying to use both.

For CB Auto Actions to handle this you'll need 2 actions per plan. 1 to first add the plans usergroup (e.g. Member) with a second usergroup change added to it to remove the Registered usergroup. Then a second action to remove the Member usergroup on plan deactivation. If your plans are all exclusive I'd just go with a Replace Usergroups usage though. I was going to try and help configure this for you, but something is wrong with your backend. I'm constantly stuck in redirect loops.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds