Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Some CBSubs usage questions

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
8 years 11 months ago #264649 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Some CBSubs usage questions
Oh it's just a course that we put on. We want to start charging people for it and it would nice if they could register for the course on our Joomla website and pay right there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #264654 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Some CBSubs usage questions
Moved the questions to a new topic as the other one was getting a bit offtopic.

I see, in that case you may want to use a non-renewable lifetime subscription or a merchandise plan. Either should work fine and you can see who purchased from backend in addition to sending an email or something if you wanted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
8 years 11 months ago #264766 by cagoffice
That sounds good!

Moving back to the approval process- when someone applies to become a member, can an automated email go to our admissions committee stating all of the details in the application including links to see the uploaded information the applicant attached?

Basically, our admissions committee do not want to have to log in to a system, they would like to see everything in an email.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #264769 by krileon
When admin approval is enabled all CB Moderators receive an email regarding a new registration and it includes some of their basic profile data, but you can modify the string to substitute in more I suppose.

As for emailing someone that isn't a moderator about a user needing approval you can use CB Auto Actions and its Email action acting on the after registration trigger you send whatever you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
8 years 11 months ago #264770 by cagoffice
So it IS possible to have uploaded documents shown in an automated email (or a link to the documents)?

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #264775 by krileon
The substitute for a file field is just the filename with extension. Direct access to files isn't allowed (blocked using htaccess) so you'll need to construct the internal URL in the email, but yes it's possible. The URL should be formatted as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=fieldclass&field=FIELD_NAME_HERE&function=download&user=[user_id]&reason=profile

The user_id will replace automatically as it's a substitution, but you'll need to replace FIELD_NAME_HERE as necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon