Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] login Re-direction incorrect

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #266262 by pranaydhruv
[SOLVED] login Re-direction incorrect was created by pranaydhruv
Hello Team,

I am trying to set the Login re-direction to the user's profile page and in Login Module under Login Options i have specified re-direction to the following URL:-

http://localhost/index.php

But every time after login it re-directs to this URL which pulls up Joomla user details instead.

http://localhost/index.php/component/users/profile

thanks
Pranay
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #266311 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic login Re-direction incorrect
Always supply non-SEF URLs beginning with index.php for internal redirects. In your case set the redirect to the following.

index.php

This will always send the user to the homepage on login. If it's still not working then you may have a redirect configured in CB Auto Actions or some other plugin for example. As it's Joomlas profile showing I'm suspecting a 3rd party Joomla plugin could be doing this. Check within Extensions > Plugin Management and disable any 3rd party authentication and user plugins installed to see if either could be doing it (do not disable core Joomla authentication as it could lock you out of backend).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by krileon.

8 years 10 months ago #266406 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic login Re-direction incorrect
Hello Kyle,

I couldn't find any 3rd party plugins relating to user Authentication.I also tried to create an Auto action with Triffer = After Login, Type=Re-direct,Action =to re-direct to Index.php. but it still re-directs to :-

http://localhost/index.php/component/users/profile

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 10 months ago #266420 by krileon
Are you using CBs login module? Maybe you're using Joomlas login module instead? Also you shouldn't be able to reach Joomlas user component if CBs system plugin is enabled correctly as by default it's configured to redirect away from Joomlas user component.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #266425 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic login Re-direction incorrect
Hello Kyle,

I am using CB login module and Joomla login module is disabled

Thanks
Pranay

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #266427 by krileon
Within Extensions > Plugin Manager ensure "System - Community Builder" is public, published, and ordered as the first system plugin. Next edit it and under "Parse URLs" ensure "Redirect URLs" and "Rewrite URLs" are enabled. This will cause all URLs to Joomlas user component to redirect and/or rewrite to point to CB. Then retry and see if your issue persists.

Aside from that I don't know what more to advise. It seams like something is interrupting the login and trying to send you to Joomla login for whatever reason. This could really only be a Joomla system, authentication, or user plugin doing this within Extensions > Plugin Manager.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon