Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] login Re-direction incorrect

8 years 10 months ago #266456 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic login Re-direction incorrect
Hello Kyle,

Rewrite URL's was disabled and enabling it seems to have resolved the Login Re-direct issue, however i have 2 ways to logout, 1st is the CB login module and 2nd is a logout module i created as a main menu at the top, when i logout from this main menu logout option it goes to http://localhost/index.php/component/comprofiler/login
I instead want it to re-direct to Index.php/homepage

Thanks
pranay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 10 months ago #266461 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic login Re-direction incorrect
If you want logout to redirect to home then specify index.php as the logout redirect URL in your CB Login module. This should already be the default though. The workaround I provided is just a bandaide to close the possibly vulnerability (bypassing CB login). You really need to find what extension is doing that. It could even be Joomlas redirect component (see Components > Redirect) if a redirect is configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #267305 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

I tried to disable few plugins, but the status is the same for the logout menu in the main menu, however the logout button that is present in the CB login module re-directs to the homepage, just as intended. Please see the screenshot of all plugins i have got enabled in the system unable to find any that could the problem.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 10 months ago #267332 by krileon
So it's only the Joomla menu item that's not logging out correctly? Did you create a Joomla menu item to Community Builder > Logout or did you create it to Joomlas logout page? Please ensure it's using CBs logout as our login/logout page uses the parameters of the first published and accessible CB login module it finds for its parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #267523 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

I created a Joomla Menu item to CB logout option.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 10 months ago #267529 by krileon
Please ensure you've at least 1 published and public CB Login module. Its parameters will be used by the login/logout page. I was unable to confirm your issue using a Community Builder > User Logout menu item. Do you have a 3rd party SEF extension or maybe Joomlas redirect extension that could be redirecting?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon