[#5487] How to change cb_terms_and_condition Modal Box Headline

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269516 by Matsalban
Hi I do not find the code snipped where the modal box is generated from for the form plugin terms and conditions.

I want to change the headline of the modalbox because in the german language it doesn`t make sense that it takes the USER_TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS_TYPE which is also used in the sentence behind the selectbox and where it is

'TERMS_FIELD_ACCEPT_URL_CONDITIONS' => 'Ja, ich stimme <!--suppress HtmlUnknownTarget --><a href=""[attributes]>[type]</a> für Mitglieder von CB zu.',

Does anybody know where I can change the modal box and insert an individual language string into it instead of the actual given one which is right now the same then used <a href=""[attributes]>[type]</a>

Thank you very much.
Best

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #269517 by krileon
The type is the modal title. There is no parameter to have the string to open the modal window and the modal title separate. You'd need to just not use [type] in your above string. Example as follows.

'Accept <!--suppress HtmlUnknownTarget --><a href="[url]"[attributes]>[type]</a>' => 'Accept <!--suppress HtmlUnknownTarget --><a href="[url]"[attributes]>Terms and Conditions</a>'

This way the type is used strictly for the modal title allowing it to be displayed independently.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago #269520 by Matsalban
Thank you for the reply,
but with this way I cannot translate it into different languages which is enormously important for me because it is hard coded then.
Do you have another workaround for me then.
I could also live with the possibility to just take the headline out of the modal box. Do you know where the Modal box code snipped is?
I really do not find it.

Best

8 years 8 months ago #269525 by krileon
It'll translate perfectly fine. The Type is also a language string. So you'd have the below language strings for example.

'TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS' => 'Terms and Conditions',
'TERMS_FIELD_ACCEPT_URL_CONDITIONS' => 'Accept <!--suppress HtmlUnknownTarget --><a href="[url]"[attributes]>Terms and Conditions</a>',

The first one being the type and the second one being the string for the link that opens the modal window. Basically all you're doing is replacing [type] in the second string with the actual translated type string that you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago #269540 by Matsalban
Ah what I meant is that with this method that you have described I have played around too. But I am using this plugin twice on the registration process so that the user has to accept the "T&Cs" and also in a second checkbox the so called "Disclaimer". With your method I receive the result that it writes into both sentences the same translation for T&C. Maybe I have overseen something there and you have an idea how I could have two different checkboxes in the same registration form with the conditions plugin. Plus different headlines in the modal box.

This is what I have got for now and it results into twice the same sentence:

'TERMS_FIELD_ACCEPT_URL_CONDITIONS' => 'Accept <!--suppress HtmlUnknownTarget --><a href=""[attributes]>den allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen</a> für Mitglieder von CB zu.',

But I need for one checkbox:
-... [attributes]>den allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen</a>
And for the other this:
-... [attributes]>der datenschutzrechtlichen Einwilligungserklärung</a>

So in English this would be:
-... [attributes]>the terms and conditions</a>
-... [attributes]>the data disclaimer</a>

What I have done so far is that I defined two different language tags alike this:
'cb_terms_and_condition' => 'Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen',
'cb_terms_and_condition_type' => 'den allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen',

'USER_TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS_TITLE' => 'Datenschutzrechtliche Einwilligungserklärung',
'USER_TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS_TYP' => 'der datenschutzrechtlichen Einwilligungserklärung',

So this works fine for the sentences after the checkboxes but within this the headline that is put into the modal box is always the Type - and that doesn`t make sense in the german language. So therefor I would like to either delete the headline completlie out of the modal box or set a different language tag and have the ability to integrate two or more conditional boxes with different languages and Modalbox headlines.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Best

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269559 by Matsalban
Hmmm nobody an idea ?
I mean it shouldn`t be that hard to find the code snipped where the modal box is generated. I just have absolutley no idea and I am completely new to CB.

I would be happy even if I could just take out the headline of the modal box just to get a minimum of multilinguality to CB.
I know that within this I would also loose all headlines from the qtip headlines in all boxes.

I just need to find the code snipped where these boxes are generated.

Or maybe somebody has a clue on how to use a different headline in the modalbox instead the one that is appearing which is the type. Even the name would be working - it is just not the type that is working.

I hope that somebody understands what I mean. In german language this structure for the plugin at all just does not make sense because of grammar that comes into the play.

Best

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn