[SOLVED] User to be approved by CB Moderator before getting activated

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272346 by cagoffice
Hello,

I am having an issue with users being able to login and pay even though they haven't been approved by a moderator yet.

I think I know where I am going wrong. It says in the settings "ALSO Requires user to be approved by CB Moderator before getting activated"

Where do I find this setting?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272375 by krileon
After the user registers check within CB > User Management what their status is. It should still be unapproved. They shouldn't be able to login and if they try to it should block them informing them they're unapproved. This assumes approval is set to be done before payment as shown in your screenshot. Ensure user approval is enabled globally within CB > Configuration > Registration as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272391 by cagoffice
I just did a run through one a test one and the user is neither enable, confirmed or approved and when I did the application, the user received the "Email on First Activation" email right away.

No emails went to the moderator.
When user tries to log in, they receive error message:

Error

Your sign up process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions that have just been resent. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box. Make sure that your email account options are not set to immediately delete spam. If that was the case, just try logging in again to receive a new instructions email.

Why is this happening?

Here are my settings under the plan:

Here are my settings under CB Configuration:

Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago #272392 by cagoffice
Since this member has $0 fee, maybe I shouldn't have the CBSubs plan settings as moderator approving before payment? Is that what is screwing it up?

8 years 6 months ago #272402 by krileon
If it's a free plan there is no payment process. This means they should register, receive the pending email to confirm, confirm, then be informed they're pending approval.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272404 by cagoffice
Yes that isn't happening. No email went to moderator. And the user received "email on first activation" email right after they applied.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn