Display a customized Avatar when hidden by Privacy

8 years 4 months ago #274906 by nant

pranaydhruv wrote: Dear Nant,

it's not working, Please find the screenshots of the condition from the 2nd Avatar field

What exactly are you trying to do?

Sorry, this thread has gone back and forth and I am getting lost.

As far as I could tell you are trying to display something if/when the avatar image is not shown due to privacy settings?

Is this correct?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #274950 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Display a customized Avatar when hidden by Privacy
Dear Nant,

Yes the idea is to display a custom image in-place of nothing when the original avatar field is hidden by privacy.

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 4 months ago #274974 by nant

pranaydhruv wrote: Dear Nant,

Yes the idea is to display a custom image in-place of nothing when the original avatar field is hidden by privacy.

Thanks
Pranay

Ok - I will have to dig into this a little more to help you.

Please understand this is more of a coding issue than a support request so please be patient.

8 years 4 months ago #275004 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Display a customized Avatar when hidden by Privacy
Dear Nant,

sure, Thank You!

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 4 months ago #275146 by krileon
As explained in your other topic what you are trying to do you can not do without CB Conditional. It is the only plugin that can condition off this as it can condition against the HTML output of the avatar field. This is done with the below conditional.

Display: Field conditional self
Field: Custom > Value
Value: [cb:userfield field="avatar" /]
Translate Value: No
Operator: Equal To
Value: (leave empty)
Translate Value: No
Mode: Show

The issue you were hitting with your other topic below is you wanted to condition the field multiple times, which you can not do as CB Conditional does not have AND/OR conditioning at this time. In short you need to compromise on what you're wanting as the functionality just isn't there to 100% provide what you want.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/231695-5600-use-the-request-connection-javascript-link-for-other-uses?start=36#273812

There is absolutely no other solution for what you're wanting besides coding a plugin to do it.

CB Privacy does not and will not hide PHP values. PHP values are what substitution if conditions check against. This means the substitution if usage will see a value even if you've hidden it with CB Privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275369 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

well , some good news ... this seems to work for when userA visits the profile of UserB, and userB has hidden their Avatar pic. with Privacy, however for userlists it still doesn't show, even though i have ensured the following for the avatar2 field :-

1) Userlist value layout in (cbfields->avatar2->parameters tab->LayoutTab->userlist value layout) is same as the profile value layout.

2)The field is searchable.

Anything else that you can suggest for the Userlist view to make this visible ?

Thanks
Pranay

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn