[#5887] Drop Down Single Select Query External Database

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 1 month ago #275372 by edmundcheong

File Attachment:

File Name: queries1.txt
File Size:0 KB

I created a Drop Down Single Select Query External Database and I get an Error 500 while loading the page.

The settings are in my text attachment.

the prefixwes and charsets are left blank.. i am using root credentials and database server is already set to be remotely accessed.. in fact this instance of joomla is accessing the database remotely and not localhost..

any idea what's wrong? any user manual i can refer to?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275388 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275389 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Drop Down Single Select Query External Database

krileon wrote: A query on the sites own Joomla database is not external. Leave it as internal.

Thanks for the quick reply kyle.. but i am actually querying another joomla installation.. so technically its external as it has a seperate database.

8 years 4 months ago #275390 by krileon
You specify the same values you'd use in a PHP database connection. Host being the IP, password being the password, username being the username, prefix being your Joomla prefix (e.g. jos_), etc.. We can't help you with any of that information as it's unique to your database.

Ensure debug mode and maximum error reporting is enabled in Joomla global configuration during debugging so errors can output properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275399 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Drop Down Single Select Query External Database
Thanks for the reply.. are the charsets fields settings mandatory? And i am assuming its the charset of the db and not the table?

And if i specify the prefix, do i need to add the prefix on the table which i am about to query.. in my example reg_comprofiler.. should i leave the reg_ out of the query since its specified in the setup?

What about tables without prefixes?

Debug mode is on.. just that when i refresh the page i got an error 500 page and debug has no chance to even load itself..

8 years 4 months ago #275414 by krileon

are the charsets fields settings mandatory?

No.

And i am assuming its the charset of the db and not the table?

Yes.

And if i specify the prefix, do i need to add the prefix on the table which i am about to query.. in my example reg_comprofiler.. should i leave the reg_ out of the query since its specified in the setup?

If you add the prefix (e.g. reg_) then you can just do #__comprofiler.

What about tables without prefixes?

Don't use #__ for them.

Debug mode is on.. just that when i refresh the page i got an error 500 page and debug has no chance to even load itself..

Debug mode and maximum error reporting both need to be enabled. If still not showing the error check server error logs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.795 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn