[#5887] Drop Down Single Select Query External Database

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279990 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Drop Down Single Select Query External Database

nant wrote:

edmundcheong wrote: Saw that the fixed is done on forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5887

Somehow there are no nightly built for cb query fields on www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

There is now.

That was quick! Don't you guys ever sleep? :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #279991 by nant

edmundcheong wrote:

nant wrote:

edmundcheong wrote: Saw that the fixed is done on forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5887

Somehow there are no nightly built for cb query fields on www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

There is now.

LOL - I guess that is why they are called nightly releases ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

8 years 1 month ago #279992 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Drop Down Single Select Query External Database

nant wrote:

edmundcheong wrote:

nant wrote:

There is now.

LOL - I guess that is why they are called nightly releases ;-)

Great work guys! Have a great "day" or "night"..

Anyway I have tested, the quick fix by Kyle, it's working already..
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

8 years 2 weeks ago #280770 by edmundcheong
Hey guys found a little problem with the new nightly built.

It is able to query an external database however, the dropdown single select query field does not update on the field which is selected in the update on parameter.

8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #280777 by krileon
Please test update on against a simple fieldtype like a text field. If you're using update on against another select field ensure that select field has not been converted to select2 or chosen as it won't work. Please also ensure you've latest CB Query Field 5.0.4 installed.

Note these is a 400ms delay before it triggers the ajax to prevent update on from spamming your server. Press F12 to open the developer console then select the Network tab. Next change the value of the field that's supposed to update your query select. You should see a new http request in the network tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 weeks ago #280801 by edmundcheong
I will redeploy the plugin and test..

I reverted to the previous plugin and it worked.. and yes i am currently using a text field to update against..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn