Joomla login url isnt auto redirecting to CB urls

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276966 by wrongjon
Hi guys

I've just launched a site and to stop people using the basic joomla login component (NOT module) I had to set up a redirect rule in the htaccess to redirect this to the CB Login menu item

The old url being found somehow was

www.arcoalumni.com/component/users?view=login

This fixed it below

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|&)view=login(&|$)
RewriteRule ^component/users/$ www.arcoalumni.com/member-login/? [R=301,L]

BUT I'm wondering why this is an issue on this brand new site but not on my other Joomla/CB sites.

I've been through the CB Primer and switched off Joomla reg, Joomla login modules and also checked the Community Builder System plugin and it is enabled, set to public and first in the system list.

Only plugins I have installed are K2, CBJuice, JCE, Ozio Gallery, UDDEIM PMS.

So any ideas why the CB plugin wasnt redirecting this automatically please?

EDIT: just found this is an issue on another of my sites and this url is found on google results
www.connexpro.org/component/users

and these on google and they dont redirect

www.arcoalumni.com/component/users/?view=registration
www.arcoalumni.com/component/users/?view=reset
www.arcoalumni.com/component/users/?view=remind

thanks
jonathan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276969 by krileon
CB automatically blocks Joomla user component access. Ensure within Extensions > Plugins that "System - Community Builder" is public, published, and ordered as the first system plugin. If issue persists edit "System - Community Builder" and under "Parse URLs" ensure both "Redirect URLs" and "Rewrite URLs" are set to "Enabled".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #276978 by wrongjon
Thanks for the quick reply.

I did check all of those things and am sure they are set how you say.

Its an important day for my client as the sites users are having a reunion so im reluctant to change too much in case I break it so perhaps tomorrow if i send you the admin login you could check this for me?

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276979 by krileon
Configure it as my above reply suggests, clear any cache, then see if issue persists. It should not be possible to reach Joomla user component URLs at that point. If issue persists you've likely something interfering with the request data and CB is unable to see that those URLs belong to Joomlas user component.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #277007 by wrongjon
Hi Kyle

I've double checked this and it is all set up as you say, cleared cache and its not redirecting to CB.

I only have a few components installed as mentioned so not sure if I'm missing another crucial step in the CB install and post install steps but have been through them.

For now ill just use 301 redirects to force them to redirect and when i get time ill install a brand new fresh version of joomls and CB and see if i can get it working on that.

thanks

8 years 3 months ago #277012 by krileon
Are you using Joomla SEF or 3rd party SEF extension? Try creating a Joomla menu item to the Joomla login page to allow it to decode the SEF better and see if that helps.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn